Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > So what's new guys?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

JT888

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
So what's new guys?

Hi Guys,

Haven't posted for a while due to selling the RRS back in May to LPR and then jumping into an 08 RS4 avant (which I'm loving on the whole!).

Just wondering what the general view is of the new 2010 RRS and if some of the niggles from the older model seem to have been sorted?

Have to confess that whilst I am loving having 4.2l of glorious V8 under my right foot, superb wet/dry weather handling and the ability to remove tw4ts glued to your bumper with a mere flex of your ankle....I'm missing my bloody RRS!

With the onset of crappy weather and potentially loads of snow to deal with when getting up to my Dad's in Perthshire as per last year, I've started that slippery slope of looking on LPR's website once every couple of days... purely in the interests of research obviously Mr. Green

Don't think I'll change this side of Xmas (as 5 months would be a new record even for me) but interested to hear all your thoughts.

Anyhow, just reading through some of the posts reminds me what a fun forum this is - RS246 is so bloody serious most of the time...... Mr. Green

Cheers all

Thumbs Up JT

Post #277261 Mon Oct 04 2010 10:55pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green
Re: So what's new guys?

JT888 wrote:
Just wondering what the general view is of the new 2010 RRS and if some of the niggles from the older model seem to have been sorted?

What were the niggles you had with the car before mate? Certainly my first 2010 had the knocking front suspension still but the second one is fine. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #277265 Tue Oct 05 2010 5:25am
JT888

RichardM wrote:
JT888 wrote:

What were the niggles you had with the car before mate? Certainly my first 2010 had the knocking front suspension still but the second one is fine.

Richard,

In the 18 months I had the RRS I had 2 set of ball joints, both EGR valves went, front diff was replaced, steering rack replaced, 1 x window motor and a total loss of power in Lane 3 of the M4 with the family on board (which proved to be the last straw!) due to a damaged wire going into a junction box apparently. All sorted under warranty but a real pain nonetheless and I did begin to get v frustrated with it. The knocking was ever present too which wound me up......having said all that I loved the car and am now beginning to really miss it..... Shocked

Post #277325 Tue Oct 05 2010 4:40pm
Lookers Park Royal

JT888 wrote:
......but interested to hear all your thoughts.

John,

I thought you were mad at the time!!! Whistle Let us know what you're after and we'll keep an eye out. Got your note the other day Wink

You can still post even though you don't have an RRS (at the moment)!!

James Thumbs Up

Post #277327 Tue Oct 05 2010 5:05pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

I purchased a MY10 RRS 3.0 TDV6 3 months ago after 10 trouble free years with 7 LR's. For years I have been ridiculed by friends for buying LR's but I stuck up for them against claims of poor reliability, etc.... Thumbs Up

1. Don't buy one with continental tyres - I have added 4000 miles (to the 6000 on it when I got it) and they are bald. My FL1 has 30000 miles and still has 5-6mm tread,

2. The 20" wheels give a poor ride (vibration through seat/steering) and I would not go off road with them even though all my previous LR's got muddy from time to time. Also never kerbed the other 7 - did these first week,

3. I asked for mood light on back door to be checked as it was not working - turns out wiring missed on build but without defective parts to return this can not be done under warranty,

4. Steering vibrates but unless I pay for alignment/balance check LR will not do anything,

5. Panel seal left on door skin has been oversprayed and I am still trying to get it sorted,

6. I drive like a granny and average mpg on previous LR's was as stated but not achieving them with RRS,

7. "Lean when cornering" fault was checked twice by dealer on computer and parts ordered but after a month waiting for parts to be fitted, 3 trips to dealer (150 miles/6 Gallons of fuel), nothing was done because they now say the fault does not exist,

8. I was offered 50% goodwill payment towards clutch repair on my other LR that was just out of warranty despite reporting problem in warranty but after 3 months still waiting for a cheque,

9. LR Customer service are not returning my calls anymore.

I am therefore pretty disillusioned and wishing I had saved myself £28000 and kept my Faultless FL2 Big Cry

At least then I would have been blissfully unaware of the poor warranty/customer service now Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #277328 Tue Oct 05 2010 5:55pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Well I've not had any of those problems, mine is running fine! Wouldn't hesitate to get another. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #277350 Tue Oct 05 2010 9:35pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Quote:
3. I asked for mood light on back door to be checked as it was not working - turns out wiring missed on build but without defective parts to return this can not be done under warranty,

What a heap of sh*t you have been told - my 1st RRS was delivered without the fuel burning heater which was part of the emissions system and the missing unit was fitted under warranty. I think you need to get another service outlet Muddy 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #277353 Tue Oct 05 2010 9:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
muddywheels
Milk Float Man

England 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
......my 1st RRS was delivered without the fuel burning heater which was part of the emissions system and the missing unit was fitted under warranty. I think you need to get another service outlet Muddy

I have been told by local dealer that missed build items should be picked up on PDI and dealt with then Confused

However I bought an ex-LR management vehicle from a dealer 100 miles away (but in the same group) and looks like everyone wants to pass the buck.

All I want is the fully working RRS I thought I had bought and a bit of customer service - an apology goes a long way rather than standard replies fobbing me off, etc. Evil or Very Mad Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day!

Post #277357 Tue Oct 05 2010 10:15pm
leedsunited

muddywheels wrote:
Tim in Scotland wrote:
......my 1st RRS was delivered without the fuel burning heater which was part of the emissions system and the missing unit was fitted under warranty. I think you need to get another service outlet Muddy

I have been told by local dealer that missed build items should be picked up on PDI and dealt with then Confused

However I bought an ex-LR management vehicle from a dealer 100 miles away (but in the same group) and looks like everyone wants to pass the buck.

All I want is the fully working RRS I thought I had bought and a bit of customer service - an apology goes a long way rather than standard replies fobbing me off, etc. Evil or Very Mad

Muddy - I think a letter from a solicitor or reference to trading standards might just be the shot up the ars* that they need to sit up and take notice.

Post #277362 Tue Oct 05 2010 10:22pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Yes you need to look at another dealer. My RRS came without a FBH and they retro fitted one too. If you paid for something and it isn't fitted then you have every right to have a. a refund b. a retro fit. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #277376 Wed Oct 06 2010 8:43am
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Mine too had a few things missing or wrongly fitted but were corrected when I highlighted them during my inspection before handover, it took about a week to get it all put together how I had ordered it. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #277383 Wed Oct 06 2010 9:33am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1