RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS at Cost Price
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gazza500

Jersey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White
RRS at Cost Price

Had a circular from my local stealer offering new LR models at cost price Shocked

Went along to see what was going on, was told that the margin on a loaded 2010 RRS (sticker price nearly £49k) was £2400, hence the stealer buy price from LR was £46600 or thereabouts.

Didnt realise that stealers were on such thin margins Whistle

Anyhow vehicles turned into vehicle so I think they were pulling my @+?nker

Thats my post this week, any news from Chorley car audio?

Gazza Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #274565 Tue Aug 24 2010 6:49pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Unless they are telling fibs the only RRS you will get in the UK for that price would be a bog standard, no options SE TDV6 - not anything "Fully Loaded"....................... unless you guys get tax free 2010MY cars over there. Also he will be trying to clear his stock of 2010 cars to make way for 2011MY coming in in the next few weeks 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #274566 Tue Aug 24 2010 7:09pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gazza500

Jersey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Yes Tim you are right, here we pay no vehicle tax or VAT.

I sat in the RRS and it seemed to have all the toys advertised, still dont believe they work on such low margins though Chawton White TDV6 HSE with Alpaca and Rodium, Automatic Climate Control,
Privacy Glass, 22 inch, Hawke Alloy Wheels, Brembo Front Brakes, Premium ICE Pack, Clear repeaters, Chrome Driving Light Surrounds, Tasmods, Chrome handles, HST Grille, Chrome Side Vents, JE ECU Upgrade

Post #274570 Tue Aug 24 2010 8:42pm
wackyjim

Scotland 

gazza500 wrote:
Yes Tim you are right, here we pay no vehicle tax or VAT.

I sat in the RRS and it seemed to have all the toys advertised, still dont believe they work on such low margins though

No car tax or VAT..... Censored..its just not fair!!! Big Cry Big Cry

Post #274572 Tue Aug 24 2010 8:55pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

what they dont tell you about is the bung from landrover for meeting targets, i would think that would be tipically 2 grand as well, on mine i paid list, but they gave me well above book value for my trade in, which was then put on forecourt at less than i got. i think that between what i paid and what my part ex would have eventually have sold at, the dealer would have made 3k after the bung from LR, it then goes down the chain, so dont feel too sorry for them, they are not doing too badly!! MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #274577 Tue Aug 24 2010 10:05pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Must have some more up front honest dealers than Guernsey Exclamation Laughing Exclamation

Time and tme again Jacksons or Motor Mart, whatever they call themselves today, have cars more expensive than the UK, both new and secondhand, even without VAT etc.

Perhaps more people have sussed them out and buy direct from UK, shipping is not that expensive, so they are now having to offer a REAL price to customers Whistle

Remeber you can buy direct from Landrover as you are overseas and save yourself all the dealer margins and I bet its a lot cheaper than what you have been quoted so far

Post #274581 Tue Aug 24 2010 10:33pm
Mudster

United Kingdom 

The Finance manager at Jacksons is a personal friend of mine (I've known him 30 years) , I'll ask him what the margins are and how the kick backs work next time we have a chat.

Things are very different indeed in the CI. especially when it comes to finance.

Post #274609 Wed Aug 25 2010 11:21am
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

on the newer Audis (A1, A3) there can be less than £500 in it for the dealer, similiar for the new Fords.. this is from the horses mouth - so £2400 on a £45k motor is actually pretty healthy!

Post #274644 Wed Aug 25 2010 6:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1