RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > MY2010 Sat Nav faulty: diagnostic code?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

robinc

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze
MY2010 Sat Nav faulty: diagnostic code?

Car's only a few weeks old but Sat Nav has gone haywire. Doesn't seem to know where it is. Wierd thing is I had exact same problem on my previous 2007 car which turned out to be a faulty GPS roof antenna. Hope it's not the same on this one Sad

Before I take car back to the dealer I thought I'd look in to the diagnostic screen to check the GPS signal. I pressed the hidden button in the top centre of the Home screen for 10 secs and got the PIN entry screen. But it looks different than the screen on the 2007 model and entering 753 does nothing. I tried various other numbers to no avail.

Does anyone know what PIN number is needed to access the diagnostics on the MY2010 cars?

Robin 2010 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze
Almond leather, Sunroof, privacy glass, DAB radio

Post #271819 Wed Jul 21 2010 1:50pm
ngins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

sounds interesting - didnt know there were secret menus - sorry I dont have a PIN, hope somone does! MY2010 RRS 5.0 S/C Santorini Black, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Privacy, Logic7, iPod, Cameras

Post #272216 Mon Jul 26 2010 5:07pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

The PIN is the same for all model years and the Disco 3/4. From memory it's 753.

Mine normally corrects itself after being switched off for a while. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #272224 Mon Jul 26 2010 8:18pm
robinc

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze

So, here's what I've found out. If you press the "hidden" button (top centre of the screen) for 5 seconds whilst on the SatNav Menu screen you get a PIN entry screen. I have no idea what the PIN is for this screen but it's definitely not 753 Sad

But if you go to the Home screen and press the top centre hidden button for 5 seconds immediately followed by the top left button (i.e. inbetween the words Main and Menu) you then get a different PIN entry screen. For this screen 753 does indeed work and gives access to lots of interesting information screens. I don't believe you can change any settings via these screens but if you've got a TV module or Reversing camera fitted you can activate these (even while in motion) by choosing the Video Inputs Test screen.

The procedure is shown in this fascinating clip taken by a Discovery 4 driver ambling alongside the Copacabana beach in Rio Mr. Green

Enjoy Cool

Happily my own SatNav problems seem to have righted themselves without further intervention Very Happy 2010 TDV6 SE Nara Bronze
Almond leather, Sunroof, privacy glass, DAB radio

Post #272257 Tue Jul 27 2010 9:14am
ngins

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

cool - thanks - will have a play! MY2010 RRS 5.0 S/C Santorini Black, 5 Spoke Diamond Turned Alloys, Privacy, Logic7, iPod, Cameras

Post #272277 Tue Jul 27 2010 10:13am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1