RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY 10 Fault Poll
Have you had a warranty related incident with your MY10 RRS
Yes - required LR Assist call out or recovery of vehicle to the dealers
22%
 22%  [5]
Yes - but the car made it to the garage (e.g. smart key fault etc.)
27%
 27%  [6]
No - the car has been perfect from delivery
50%
 50%  [11]
Total Votes: 22

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Just to back Singe up a bit on what he was saying, on one of my numerous visits to the dealer here, while I was waiting to get a lift home (RRS stood up in the forecourt) I watched 2 RRS, 1 a 10 plate, a Disco 4 and a 10 FFRR all arrive one after another on the back of recovery trucks. Only 1 of the RRS was a 10 though. That was in the space of 2.5 hours! (Not to mention mine too!)

I've a friend works for local recovery business and he subcontracts to AA and he reckons he has at least 1 LR product every day getting picked up! Not all 10 plates but as a general item!

Won't go into the local Enterprise up here! Think THAT particular ship sailed, sorry, SANK a while ago with regard to getting any form of service level! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #271300 Thu Jul 15 2010 6:52am
Micrometer

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Hi all,

i can help here:

1) My New 10my not only feels dramatically better quality than the one it replaced it also has had no issues in 5000ish miles.
2) This is more than can be said for my wifes X5 which is almost the same age and which i now have to drive because she doesnt trust it!! I'm totally pee'd off twice now - firstly i have drive an X5 again and secondly i'm not driving my Sport, Grrr!!! - bloody BMW dealers - Te He...
3) I have to interject about the breakdown figures, i know people will say "my mate told me" this and "someone told me" that and you might think i'm just doing the same but i'm not i assure you. - I'm able to look at monthly AA reports which list vehicle models, how many were recovered to dealers, how many temp repairs etc etc and i can tell you that RRS certainly isnt the best but contary to others wranglings the 10my is considerably better than previous model years repaired at roadside by Mondial (who incidently i still have to call for the X5)!!! Doh Trust me, i'm an Engineer!

Post #271339 Thu Jul 15 2010 2:27pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Agreed, effectively ALL manufacturers produce lemons, some more than others, but it happens, it shouldn't but it does, that's life.

It's the engineering process to resolve the situation that is key and once again some are better than others.

I for one had nothing but issues with the X5 and the service was absolutely shocking, not so much the "Ultimate Driving Machine" more the "Ultimate wannabe with Censored engineering". I know we have some b(ee)mer boys on here, but in all honesty, I have been far from impressed by the BMW brand in every vehicle I have owned, something that is not apparent from Mercedes and others.

I can categorically state that BMW - FOR ME - is the worst brand I have ever experienced, plain and simple. Evil or Very Mad

Aside from the inherent and characteristic knocking Twisted Evil Whistle on my HST, Land Rover have performed impeccably towards me. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #271340 Thu Jul 15 2010 3:09pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Agreed to a certain extent Will but I've had two Beemers now and both the 5 series and X5 have been brilliant so far compared to the RRS which was getting toward the point of a monthly booking in advance for the bits breaking, coming loose and stopping working! Not what you expect from a car costing 46k really. A lot of it is how the dealer moves to help when it gets to that point! Some are a lot better than others

Take the lead time for booking in a car! T and C took over 4 weeks from calling to the RRS going in for the brake safety recall! On average it was around a fortnite! The comfort access on the X5 stopped working last Sat. Called them at 11am "Can you bring it in Wednesday sir? A loan car? Certainly sir. No problem.". Dropped off at half 7. Fixed by half 2 and they also did a glow plug they said wasn't working! Turned out to be the key that was wrong. Call at half 8 this morning, the keys in can you pop over to get it coded to the car! 40 mins later out with new key and 20 mins to reprogramme all the seat and car functions to my settings!

Ordered a phone cradle while I was there, and it'll be there in the morning for SWMBO to collect lunchtime!

Can't beat them for service so far and I didn't even buy it from local Beemer dealer! Thumbs Up Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #271349 Thu Jul 15 2010 5:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12