RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MY 10 Fault Poll
Have you had a warranty related incident with your MY10 RRS
Yes - required LR Assist call out or recovery of vehicle to the dealers
22%
 22%  [5]
Yes - but the car made it to the garage (e.g. smart key fault etc.)
27%
 27%  [6]
No - the car has been perfect from delivery
50%
 50%  [11]
Total Votes: 22

Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
MY 10 Fault Poll

My dealer reckons I am the unfortunate exception with all the faults our RRS has had since we got it in September. This forum, despite the obvious risk of self selection, seems to tell a different story so how about gathering some stats?

List faults if you like - we have had 13, from the incredible self opening cup holder, infotainment head unit failure, enchanted seats, smart key errors, gearbox errors. So far 3 LR assist call outs

Post #267745 Thu Jun 03 2010 11:58am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Not a single fault to date... (delivered early november, short 6,000 miles done) Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #267757 Thu Jun 03 2010 1:30pm
dric0327

United Kingdom 

I have just voted yes to a fault - however it was very minor (well sort of) Car was completely dead when i got to it at a client site and wouldn't respond. LR assist came out very promptly and efficiently and diagnosed loose battery terminal. Sorted in 10 mins.
Must say I was extremely impressed with LR assist. kept me informed all the way on ETA for the engineer and when he came he was straight onto the fault and had me on my way. I suppose i put this down to a gremlin but so far 8000 miles on the clock and all good
Dave Very Happy 2016 MY16.5 HSE, 21" Rims, Waitamo Grey, Cirrus Leather, Extended Leather, Meridian sound

i ain't no dizzy rascal

Post #267777 Thu Jun 03 2010 3:19pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

first time i washed it! next jouney cold water all down my neck, apparently the drainage channels of the sun roof had not been pushed together properly, no apology or recognition that I had been inconvenienced in any way Evil or Very Mad purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #267868 Fri Jun 04 2010 10:37pm
r0b1n

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

2000 miles so far and no issues at all

Post #268063 Mon Jun 07 2010 4:49pm
ErSa

Norway 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Loads of trouble with my TDV6 3,0. Called LRA several times for rescue! Car been in by dealer for more than five weeks since november, and is still there Twisted Evil
Minor issues ie. driver seat moving, gearbox fault messaget and blue tooth now solved through software updates.
Main problem, read here http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic17638.html still not solved. I believe my car has turned out to be a nightmare, not only for myself, but also for dealer and LR. Last I heard is they will replace the keyless entry unit. Problem is, it's not available Exclamation
Despite my problems, I'm very well treated by dealer and LR Norway as they lend me their RRS demo cars. 2010 RRS TDV6 3,0, Bali Blue/Tan/Anigre/Dynamic Pack/Logic7/Keyless entry/Paddle

Post #268077 Mon Jun 07 2010 9:15pm
Lookers Park Royal

If anyone is suffering issues (especially electrical gremlins) then please contact your dealer to have the reassurance program carried out. There are a number of software updates and a few other items which should totally eradicate the issues and give an all round better drive.

Cars built after Jan are likely to be fine, however the older you go back towards September the more elements of the program that will be required.

To be able to advise you, all you dealer will need is the last 6 numbers of the chassis.

James Thumbs Up

Post #268121 Tue Jun 08 2010 12:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Richchad

United Kingdom 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
If anyone is suffering issues (especially electrical gremlins) then please contact your dealer to have the reassurance program carried out. There are a number of software updates and a few other items which should totally eradicate the issues and give an all round better drive.

Cars built after Jan are likely to be fine, however the older you go back towards September the more elements of the program that will be required.

To be able to advise you, all you dealer will need is the last 6 numbers of the chassis.

James Thumbs Up

Yes, had the reassurance program done a few weeks ago, can't say I noticed much difference TBH but did get a couple of bottles of wine with compliments from LR for the inconvenience caused.. Thumbs Up

The other problems I have had are gearbox fault warning which seems to be quite common, rear camera has reversed picture with no yellow lines, all rear would open sometimes when opening just top half and power steering failed due to plastic grommet being left in pump from factory. Shocked

All fixed apart from camera which they tell me LR are having difficulty obtaining..so what are they fitting on new ones then.. Confused Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #268158 Tue Jun 08 2010 8:37pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

Mine in Friday for the LRQA update. Quite happy as I like wine very much Smile purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #268163 Tue Jun 08 2010 10:12pm
ErSa

Norway 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bali Blue

Wine? I should get a barrel or two after what I'm going through Exclamation 2010 RRS TDV6 3,0, Bali Blue/Tan/Anigre/Dynamic Pack/Logic7/Keyless entry/Paddle

Post #268177 Wed Jun 09 2010 7:28am
Lookers Park Royal

purple people eater wrote:
Mine in Friday for the LRQA update. Quite happy as I like wine very much Smile

You may end up with cake or chocolates................ you may want to hint towards the vino when you drop it off!!

James Thumbs Up

Post #268186 Wed Jun 09 2010 11:11am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

All I ever got out of LR for all the grief with the MY09 off the road for biggest part of 3 months was a "Sorry" Twisted Evil

BMW got the wrong part for the X5 washer and I got a free 6 series convertible for 2 days till the right part came in!!! Thumbs Up Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #268449 Fri Jun 11 2010 10:37pm
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
purple people eater wrote:
Mine in Friday for the LRQA update. Quite happy as I like wine very much Smile

You may end up with cake or chocolates................ you may want to hint towards the vino when you drop it off!!

James Thumbs Up

My baby is going in on wednsday Whistle Laughing ! Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #268488 Sat Jun 12 2010 8:27pm
SingeRRS

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Well I am actually a bit surprised by this poll. My MY10 is back in the garage, where it has been for a week, with the 15th fault since I bought it. I have spoken to LR customer services who think I should just carry on enduring endless faults with the vehicle (and the associated inconvenience of chasing the dealer every few weeks to book it in for the next problem) and should feel lucky I have a warranty - their attitude is appalling (that is being polite).

I have now started collecting some annecdotal evidence:

1. The AA guy who collected my car after the most recent problem was joking about how he had just turned up at the LR dealer in Northampton with a MY10 on the back to find three other vans queuing in front of him carrying MY10s and a dealer rep trying to get him to park round the corner whilst they processed the vehicles.

2. My local Enterprise admitted today they have never had it so good - all their LR loan vehicles (my current is a perfectly good Freelander) are constantly out on loan to LR customers with new defective vehicles - mostly RRS.

Draw your own conclusions - after 7 years of faultless LR ownership prior to my MY10 RRS I will never buy another LR again (and wish I was shot of this one). LR customer service is as s@@t as their cars.

End of rant - time for lawyers. Seriously though I would warn any prospective buyer to be extremely wary - and I know this opinion is shared by some on here and other have perfect cars but when it goes wrong, which I think it has especially with early MY10s LR do not give a monkeys.

Singe

Post #271288 Wed Jul 14 2010 11:43pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

SingeRRS wrote:
Well I am actually a bit surprised by this poll. My MY10 is back in the garage, where it has been for a week, with the 15th fault since I bought it. I have spoken to LR customer services who think I should just carry on enduring endless faults with the vehicle (and the associated inconvenience of chasing the dealer every few weeks to book it in for the next problem) and should feel lucky I have a warranty - their attitude is appalling (that is being polite).

Draw your own conclusions - after 7 years of faultless LR ownership prior to my MY10 RRS I will never buy another LR again (and wish I was shot of this one). LR customer service is as s@@t as their cars.

End of rant - time for lawyers. Seriously though I would warn any prospective buyer to be extremely wary - and I know this opinion is shared by some on here and other have perfect cars but when it goes wrong, which I think it has especially with early MY10s LR do not give a monkeys.

Singe

Sounds like you have had a rough time. It happens and unfortunately sometimes the situation that should have be alleviated, isn't. Luck of the draw it is, naturally it shouldn't be when dealing with our dearest darling cars. But sometimes car manufacturers suck - this is not a LR exclusive.

With regards your anecdotes:

1. "The AA guy who collected my car after the most recent problem was joking about how he had just turned up at the LR dealer in Northampton with a MY10 on the back to find three other vans queuing in front of him carrying MY10s and a dealer rep trying to get him to park round the corner whilst they processed the vehicles".

Ah yes, the AA guy and his narrative of colleagues exploits aka fables. Funny how whatever car you slag off to the AA "technicians" they always unravel an anecdote or two to make you feel better. I must check my T's and C's being a member, comedy supremo or "attempt to make customer feel better" clause must be in there somewhere. Mr. Green

Followed by the all time classic Number 2 (quite apt perhaps Confused ):

2. "My local Enterprise admitted today they have never had it so good - all their LR loan vehicles (my current is a perfectly good Freelander) are constantly out on loan to LR customers with new defective vehicles - mostly RRS".

Good old Enterprise. Perhaps a repeat performance, possibly a relation, yes maybe a distant cousin to AA man, competition within the world of car service sorts, vying for the numero uno slot for Mr Comedy supremo / relaxation master. Considering most of the Enterprises struggle to stock even mediocre cars for day to day use, let alone Land Rovers, I know, I recently got a Kia something or other for a trip to Leicestershire. I think "all their LR loan vehicles are out" is possibly a little rich considering outside of London, rarely do the local branches carry them, so very questionable.

Not doubting what you are saying and appreciate how disgruntled you can get when issues arise (with any car), but as always some of the fuelling can come from such possible fables as noted here.

Hope you get sorted Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #271290 Thu Jul 15 2010 12:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>