RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Cayenne to RR
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Braider

United Kingdom 
Cayenne to RR

Hi guys, After intending to go for a Sport a few years ago I ended up getting a Cayenne Turbo (mainly because I was offered twice the money on my Audi S4 trade in compared to various LR dealers). After 70,000 miles on and off road with no issues whatsoever I am now considering a Sport (as the new interior now does it justice) or a FF. I would be really grateful if some of you could help with some queries.... The boot space of the Sport is listed as 958 litres and the FF as 994 litres, is the FF really only a few litres larger in the boot? This car is going to be a family wagon so quite important to me. Secondly would you go to the expense of speccing the LR rear screens or simply go for an HSE with after-market ones, any difference in quality etc? Ideally I would like a 2010 demonstrator later in the year but can anyone can suggest some "must have" extra options?

Thanks Smile

Post #267926 Sun Jun 06 2010 9:47am
kman

Re: Cayenne to RR

Braider wrote:
Hi guys, After intending to go for a Sport a few years ago I ended up getting a Cayenne Turbo (mainly because I was offered twice the money on my Audi S4 trade in compared to various LR dealers). After 70,000 miles on and off road with no issues whatsoever I am now considering a Sport (as the new interior now does it justice) or a FF. I would be really grateful if some of you could help with some queries.... The boot space of the Sport is listed as 958 litres and the FF as 994 litres, is the FF really only a few litres larger in the boot? This car is going to be a family wagon so quite important to me. Secondly would you go to the expense of speccing the LR rear screens or simply go for an HSE with after-market ones, any difference in quality etc? Ideally I would like a 2010 demonstrator later in the year but can anyone can suggest some "must have" extra options?

Thanks Smile

Hi Braider, both the sport and FF have significantly larger boot space than the Cayenne - I think the its not just the length but because the Cayenne's tailgate is more angular whilst land rovers are more vertical. The FF has a little more interior height than the Sport which is where I think you get the little bit extra space.

Just check them out and see I guess whether the Sport is big enough.

Anyway have you sold your turbo? Reason I ask is I have a friend who is looking for a good used turbo or 4.5S at the moment,

Post #267928 Sun Jun 06 2010 11:39am
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Braider - on a related issue, have you spent any time in a RRS yet? You will find the drivers leg space tighter than the Cayenne's. We went from a Touareg into a RRS and now back in another Touareg - wifey can sit with her legs crossed in the Touareg but could never do that in the RRS.

On the boot space, the RRS/FF is not only bigger than the Touareg it feels a lot more practical - the Touareg boot feels like a estate sized boot at times

Kaine

Post #267944 Sun Jun 06 2010 5:52pm
Braider

United Kingdom 

A mate of mine had one of the first edition supercharged when they were released and I seem to remember it was a little smaller in the front now you mention it. The Cayenne has an amazing amount of legroom (in the front) but the rear seats and boot seem very similar to the Sport. Just got back from a week away and the Cayenne was packed so could do with a little more space if possible!

Post #267945 Sun Jun 06 2010 6:37pm
Valjean

Wales 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Hi Braider, I specified the rear screens - it cost around £2,500 and it is a pretty good system, all controlled through the main touch screen console. Not sure how they compare to after market - one comment is the screens do not tilt, so can be difficult for small person to see!! CURRENT: 3.0TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey, Privacy Glass, Rear DVDs, Extended Leather

Post #267946 Sun Jun 06 2010 7:07pm
Braider

United Kingdom 

Thanks Valjean, think I will try an aftermarket version if they don't tilt for the nippers

Post #267947 Sun Jun 06 2010 7:43pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Think you will find the FFR though a few more litres is a much more useable space. the height in the Sport is limited due to the sloping tailgate and if large objects are carried can be a pain in getting them to fit in. The RRS does swallow a lot of luggage but you have to plan carefully how to load it.

Rosen do a very good system for the Sport at a fraction of the cost and has more options than the Landrover one

Post #267996 Mon Jun 07 2010 12:09am
Misery

United Kingdom 

Only my opinion but I would go for the Big Daddy, for a family car there is so much more space inside and the boot space is half the size again of the sport. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Good luck with your choice, at least either one will look better than the caynne. Shocked Shocked

Post #268007 Mon Jun 07 2010 9:14am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing true Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #268010 Mon Jun 07 2010 10:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Benidorm Mick

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Cayenne to RR

Braider wrote:
After 70,000 miles on and off road with no issues whatsoever I am now considering a Sport

You sure you've thought this through friend??? Shocked

Post #268054 Mon Jun 07 2010 3:53pm
SVR575

United Kingdom 

Funny as i think i am going the other way ! After looking at the autobiography then the new Cayenne i think the Porsche looks better Embarassed . sorry guys. :

Post #268074 Mon Jun 07 2010 7:32pm
SachaR

Italy 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

TDV8HST wrote:
Funny as i think i am going the other way ! After looking at the autobiography then the new Cayenne i think the Porsche looks better Embarassed . sorry guys. :

Wash your mouth out with soap immediatly!!!

Laughing RRS TDV8 HSE 2007- JAVA Black/Black interior,
UK BMW M3 CSL SB- now sold
1968 Innocenti mini

Post #268101 Tue Jun 08 2010 7:58am
NickM

United Kingdom 

Has to be said new Cayenne interior is pretty cool - very Pannemera in appearance......still an ugly car but great on the inside....and would be a good car when new hybrid is launched...

Post #268102 Tue Jun 08 2010 8:01am
cherokee1111

United Kingdom 

also now considering the cayenne, not excited by the shape as I am with the RRS but think in the long term I'd rather be sitting inside a Cayenne DRIVING than standing outside a RRS waiting on the recovery truck Rolling with laughter

Oh if only LR would really really sort out the quality issues it would be the best car out there by far Clones are people two

Post #268123 Tue Jun 08 2010 1:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1