RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension raising to extended mode and other issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

avartis

2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
Suspension raising to extended mode and other issues

I have made a post about this already but at that time I was suspecting the issue now I'm sure about it and how to fix it.

First of all I have a RRS 2006 with 163.000 Km. I had noticed that my suspension was a bit weird (I have changed the stabilising bar bushes but the car still was wobbly in corners and roundabouts, etc.). The main point is that I thought it needed new shock abosrbers (dampers).

Also I had an issue with the air suspension going into extended mode when I was trying to lower it to acces mode. After leaving my car parked for a week I noticed that the back was lowered as it should and the front was higher (which should not have happened as the compressor will provide pressure for leveling for 2 days and stop after that).

Today I changed the shocks and was amased to find out I was actually right. The shocks were shot, lots of oil was inside the airbag. You can't see the oil from the shocks because the airbag seals around the shock so the oil is trapped there. Also the front shocks would only travel half way and get stuck there, so this is the reason why some of you may be getting the suspension raising to extended mode issue. When the suspension tries to lower itself it notices the front part is still up and not going down at the same rate as the back so obviously it will think it hit an obstacle.

Issue solved now and much nicer ride by changing the shocks.

Sorry for my english, but hope this will help you.

Post #267153 Tue May 25 2010 9:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1