RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Suspension raising to extended mode?????????
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

deadly wrote:
Well all. here goes.
2006 rrs. When select access it goes down, ...ping....... extended mode flashes up n up she goes.
Sreen says extended mode then remove obstruction.
LR had it 7 weeks this year and 3 weeks last year,replaced height sensors (3times) compressor(3 times),ecu (twice),valve block, balance valve
They said no faults,.. computer says no.
Kind regards Chris.

MIne did exactly the same thing. Disappeared into dealer for 9 weeks over it and eventually they changed 3 seperate computer units including the multimedia unit. If it does it again then watch the screen to see what it does. Mine the red lines on the "offroad" screen didnt track the movement of the suspension but just jumped up when it made it to extended mode. Mine was exactly the same carry on with going to extended mode, not rising or lowering level. Ask your dealer to speak to Brian in Town and County in Aberdeen as they "thought" they'd cured it by using a donor vehicle to swap parts across from till they got to a faulty unit. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #266327 Mon May 17 2010 4:22pm
weim71

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Hi Guys,
I had my tdv8 booked in for a service last week and they said that they wanted to do the recall work aswell. I asked what the recall was and they told me that the height adjustment sensors were to be replaced. So they know there is a problem with this. Thing is, i would never have known if it hadnt been in for the 30k service. Didnt get any letter to say about this, but then i forgot, its LR we are talking about Rolling Eyes

Post #266435 Tue May 18 2010 10:22am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

That was the first thing they tried on mine through ther recall but it didnt help Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #266459 Tue May 18 2010 1:10pm
Govette

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 S Bonatti Grey

hey guys,

Check the contact of the earth straps to the body (under the front guard behind the platic inner splash guard). I've been advised that most problems which don't log fault codes may be due to bad earthing. The stud used to secure the straps is painted prior to assembly, so when the straps are bolted to it, only the thread edges cut through the paint and create a crap earth. Remove, sandpaper the base of the stud, WD40 it then retighten the straps. I had all kinds of problems with mine, including suspension, transmission, parking brake, etc and after weeks of LR not knowing what to do, a simple fix has, touch wood, cured it. Very Happy 4wding only starts when you have to get out the cab. Everything before that is just driving on crap roads!

Post #266659 Thu May 20 2010 8:22am
shadrack

United Kingdom 

i too have this, not really a problem as you cant drive in access mode, where is the underbody obstruction sensor

Post #399939 Sat Oct 26 2013 8:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12