RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Parking Sensors Going Mad!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Adam RRS

United Kingdom 
Parking Sensors Going Mad!

Tried searching this... sorry, please refer me if its already been covered.

Every time I start the car, the parking sensors give me long tones and the light on the dash button flashes.

Then my sensors become temperamental, sometimes they work, sometimes they dont... is there any quick fix or does it have to go to Land Rover? WINNER - 2009 Best in Class Range Rover Sport Award

MY14 Corris Grey RRS HSE SDV6

Post #264718 Fri Apr 30 2010 8:23am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You pressure washed or polished recently? Do the sensors look clean and free of wax or polish?

Post #264728 Fri Apr 30 2010 10:17am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I had the same with mine over winter but never got to the bottom of it. Dealer kept saying no fault found and when it did it in the forecourt they didn't have anyone that could have a quick look while the fault was there. It eventually cleared up after the cold weather passed but I did check them at the time and there was no dirt or ice build up to be causing it. I think Landlord had something similar with his My10. Dont know if he ever got it resolved though. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #264744 Fri Apr 30 2010 11:47am
rabbutler

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Alaska White

My rear parking sensors stays on continually after the car has been washed, must be cheap units (theres a supprise) that are not sealed properly and the damp can get into them. Jeremy Clarkson summed up the range rover perfectly on one of the top gear shows when he said the range rover was the best design and an Icon but was built with the mind set of "that will do", so it will work, for a little while then will undoubetly fail. My car has been into the dealer more times in the last 4 monyths without anything really being resolved than any of the BMW's i have had over the last ten years. with susspension noise, parking sensors, ride hight sensor, mirrors going mad and pointing sky wards. If i ran my business in the same way landrover does with its dealer network I would be out of business in a month. And If the people that worked for me where as incompitent as some of the service managers then I would sack them on the spot.
That is my complaining for now but best of luck mate getting some one from the dealer to fix it. Exclamation Exclamation 2010 Alaska white 3.6TDi v8, heated steering wheel, Ipod connection, Aribica extended leather, Digital TV, voice activation, privacy glass, Dynamic pack
Now gone - Jaguar XKR4.2 v8 Supercharged
Gone - 08 RRS TDI V8 Java Black, Privacy glass 315 BHP tunit box.
Still have - Merc C200 sport
Yahaha FZ1000
Gone - BMW X5 3.0d sport

Post #264781 Fri Apr 30 2010 8:49pm
4wheeldriver

Rab

Was the suspension noise a "whoosh" sound when driving? Mine did that and it turned out to be a crimped pipe to the rear. T n C had gripped it with sometrhing while changing the compressor! Took 3 days to find it like!

Might be worth a look. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Post #264786 Fri Apr 30 2010 9:36pm
rabbutler

Hey 4 wheel, no its was the bushes and now it is the excesive movement while cornering warning i am geeting, something to do with the coils, but Landrover wont let Town & County change them out until they have extensively tested all possibilities, will end up costing them a fotune in labout charges alonee probably a lot more thena the costs of the coils. Also because they have had my car since thursday and will have it over the weekend I wasnt going to be fobbed of with a freelander and they have hired a new FFRRvouge for me to use while they have my car, so there is that cost too. They couldnt manage a Censored up in a brewery Question 2010 Alaska white 3.6TDi v8, heated steering wheel, Ipod connection, Aribica extended leather, Digital TV, voice activation, privacy glass, Dynamic pack
Yahaha FZ1000
Gone - BMW X5 3.0d sport

Post #264789 Fri Apr 30 2010 9:46pm
4wheeldriver

FFRR? You must have spent more than me again! 2 months in 2 freebys and an X type Jag! 1 week in an ex LR management D3! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #264790 Fri Apr 30 2010 9:58pm
rabbutler

My car is only a year and half old and having all these problems, what's it going to be like once its 3 years old. I am so Pi Censored ed off that I am honestly thinking about getting rid of it and going back to BMW's 2010 Alaska white 3.6TDi v8, heated steering wheel, Ipod connection, Aribica extended leather, Digital TV, voice activation, privacy glass, Dynamic pack
Yahaha FZ1000
Gone - BMW X5 3.0d sport

Post #264792 Fri Apr 30 2010 10:45pm
4wheeldriver

Mine wasn't even a year old Rab. That's why I was in the D3 when I saw you at Asda! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

Post #264793 Fri Apr 30 2010 11:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1