RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Current MY2010 issues
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Current MY2010 issues

I had my MY2007 TDV6 HSE in for one or two minor things before my warranty expires that required someone from the service department to come with me on a road test. During our chat, I mentioned that I was holding off buying a new MY2010 car as I was concerned about the problems other owners are having with them - as reported quite vocally on our Forum. I was told that LR are currently in the middle of a large scale Quality Assurance programme to fix the known gremlins in all new 2010s and that the cars currently being built at the factory have had several modifications and software upgrades to rectify the dead battery and key non-recognition issues that are seemingly affecting the new model. The man from the dealer said I was being very sensible to wait until MY2011 to allow the current Quality assurance programme to be implemented to iron out the issues with the current model.

There you go. Confused Sad If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #262845 Mon Apr 12 2010 8:08pm
codfather

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Santorini Black

muff,

as far as i know, mine was built with the most recent upgrades ( the salesman would say that wouldnt he!) but 400miles and all present and correct!
if you wait till 2011 then you are missing out on a valuble year with the new model! the next totally new one is in 2013, by then you should get a reasonable price for a three year old one, if you wait untill the 2013 model is a year or two old then trade in price for the current model will be pretty poor ( i think!!) i see where you are coming from, but do landrover change the spec much between years?? , you will know more than me!!!

cheers
dave MY10 TDV6 SE (debadged Wink ), Santorini Black, Flappy paddles, Privacy Glass, 20" Stormers, Mudflaps!

Gone: a comprehensive list of imprezas and a Merc ML AMG

Post #262851 Mon Apr 12 2010 8:38pm
Endjin

Scotland 

Muffd, I agree with codfather, Don't wait because of percieved issues with the MY10. I had a 2007 prior to getting my 2010 model. The 3 litre engine is Sooooooo much better than the 2.7! The interior is leaps and bounds ahead of the old one and as far as the niggles are concerned, well, yes there have been a few, although overall I have so far had less than I had with my 2007 car. At the end of the day I don't think there are any more issues with the 2010 models than previous years. I love my 2010 car - and in 3 years I'll be in the perfect position to consider moving on to the brand new 2013 model. Assuming I like it of course Whistle 2013 Discovery HSE Luxury - 3.0 SDV6 - Santorini Black
2013 Evoque 5 Door Pure Tech SD4 - Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof (Mrs E's new baby)

GONE - RRS - 3.0 TDV6 HSE - Santorini (2010)
GONE - RRS - 2.7 TDV6 HSE - Java Black (2007)
GONE - Porsche Boxster S - 3.2 - Black

Post #263082 Thu Apr 15 2010 2:23pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

agree with Endjin above, traded 2006 which I loved, but this My2010 streets in front purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #263537 Mon Apr 19 2010 11:27pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1