RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Got it! Great car, awful dealer!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Wenners

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Got it! Great car, awful dealer!

Finally picked up my RRS on Friday having put the deposit down 3 weeks ago. It was my choice to wait and the salesman at the dealer said it would suit them as they would have plenty of time to get the car ready.

Journey there was via 3 trains and we arrived at exactly the pre-arranged time to find the salesman busy with something/someone else so we were passed over to someone else who would show us the car and start completing the paper work until our guy was free.

Firstly, went out to see the car to find out that virtually nothing cosmetic had been done to it other than a really poor valet. Thankfully there was evidence that mechanical work had taken place since there were new discs and pads that definitely weren't there last time.

Don't get me wrong the car appears to have been really well looked after by its previous owner but the preparation by the dealer is shocking. The car has swirl marks and needs nothing more than a good machine polish, the inside was really poor as well, you can even see where they wiped round the rear head rests while they were down!

So, poor valet, a trim clip on the trim panel next to the windscreen still hadn't been fixed, and neither had the wheel bolt caps been replaced.

The car was taken into the workshop for the trim clip to be replaced and bolt caps sorted, and we were left waiting in the waiting area for an hour! The dealer has said that their local branch will have the car off us to get the marks polished out but I'm not sure if I want to let one of their valeters anywhere near it.

Having spent three hours cleaning it today its now looking much better and I'll post some pictures up soon.

Just hope my local dealer is better! Such a shame when first impressions of the car are so good!

Post #261282 Sun Mar 28 2010 11:37pm
rrsboy

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Stratstones?

Post #261289 Mon Mar 29 2010 12:08am
Wenners

How did you guess???????????

Laughing

Post #261300 Mon Mar 29 2010 9:24am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

Poor show by the dealer Rolling Eyes

Personally i wouldn't take the dealers offer to have the scratches and swirls sorted, they'll most likely just used a polish which is heavy on fillers so the car looks good to the eye for a few days/weeks

The garage valets normally only have X amount of time per car, so they have to get them up to spec in as small a time a possible.

Get them to pay for a detailer of your choice to do an enhancement detail on it, or at least contribute to the costs of it.

Last edited by npinks on Mon Mar 29 2010 9:40am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #261302 Mon Mar 29 2010 9:39am
wackyjim

Scotland 

I collect mine this afternoon...Guess who the dealer is??? Shocked

Post #261303 Mon Mar 29 2010 9:39am
Wenners

Npinks - agree, reluctant to let them do it, am sure I could do a better job myself, particularly if I use something mildly abrasive with fillers etc as you say. Spent 3 hours mainly on the interior yesterday and its better, will need more time to get it as I want it, their idea of a valet must have been incredibly brief!

Have already contacted a local detailer, just need to go back to the dealer re the cost.

Wackyjim - don't hold your breath re the service, great car though. Just have to keep reminding myself that the poor service is not the cars fault!

Post #261321 Mon Mar 29 2010 12:13pm
MikeS

Australia 2005 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Tangiers Orange

LOL, the valeting of yours matches the 'valeting' of my G4 when I picked that up from Stratstones in Newport. SWMBO commented that inside the carpets had been hoovered, but that everything else was filthy, only to be met with a shrug of the shoulders and a "well, our valeters aren't up to much" from the salesdude.

It's much better now Laughing Ex-G4 Challenge RRS HSE, BV55 YZE. Subtle shade of orange ! Now registered YZE481 G4RRS in Melbourne.

Post #261345 Mon Mar 29 2010 5:13pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I had the same issue with Stratstones of Doncaster and their preparation is pretty poor to say the least. Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #261352 Mon Mar 29 2010 7:58pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1