RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > 2010MY Seat Covers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
2010MY Seat Covers

I am after some seat covers for my new car.

My new car has cream perforated leather seats. I am off on a climbing trip with some friends and we are bound to end up muddy at some point and clambering all over my nice new seats.

I am also expecting triplets and am guessing i should be planning how to avoid getting 'baby juice' in all the perforations....

Can somebody advise on decent seat covers or whether I should just by official LR covers? Do any of them ,ook any good when they are on?

If official LR covers are the way to go, does anyone know what the best price I can expect to get them for (i saw some on ebay but guess that they are for the previous model - about £29)? 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #259979 Thu Mar 18 2010 12:03am
quantz

2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

LR seems the best option, as they are cut for these seats.
I'll have a set myself for long trips with kids.
Otherwise :
http://www.roofbox.co.uk/car-seat-covers/ 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #259986 Thu Mar 18 2010 1:44am
NightFox

United Kingdom 

Remember that if you're not going to be using ISOFIX child seats, many kid's car seat manufacturers explicitly warn against having any type of seat protector (or anything else) between the car seat and the child seat. Alfa Romeo Giulietta 1.8::MG Montego Turbo::MGB GT::Rover Sterling::MGF::MG ZT 190+
Discovery Series II Td5 GS::Discovery 3 TDV6 S::Freelander 2 TD4 XS::Freelander 2 TD4 SE
Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport TDV6 3.0

Post #259995 Thu Mar 18 2010 9:58am
quantz

As far as I know, LR covers are fit for this. I'll check. 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #259998 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:05am
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

just looking at the seat covers, Roofbox list a seat cover for my FL2 but there is a note saying not suitable if you have side airbags fitted, ALL FL2 have them, so they list a unsuitable item as suitable Confused

Worth checking for the RRS, not sure on the side airbags myself on them Thumbs Up

and if they have something suitable, use this link to get 5% off by following the link on the page Whistle

Post #260001 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:46am
Bob.

United Kingdom 

I have genuine LR covers on the front seats of my 07 TdV8. Compared to the LR ones we have on the Freelander and the ones we had on our previous Range Rover they are poorly designed for £159.

The elastic straps which hold the seat base part of the cover in place don't tension the fabric well which then creases easily and they obscure the seat switches - not a problem for 10MY owners with the switches in the door though. There is no joint in the back cover behind the seat to access the seat pocket (a velcroed access slit is in the FL ones) and the necessary split in the side of the seat back to allow air bag deployment again allows the material to move about. Having said that they do the job of keeping dirt off the leather as long as you smooth them out each time before you get in, they are made of a breathable material and probably fit better than most aftermarket types usually do. Can't comment on rears and ISOFIX didn't exist in my child carrying days.

Click image to enlarge

Post #260062 Thu Mar 18 2010 9:32pm
Bigby

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Thanks Guys.

So the LR are not that great then!

I am guessing that for child protection of the rear seats i may want to leavethe rear seat covers on near enough permanently, so would want a good fit. For thr fronts I think I woudl like to be able to quickly take them on and off. It seems as if the LR have seperate headrest piece and looks more fiddly to take on and off (is this the case?) It also looks as if the front seat covers might be prone to come off!(is this the case)? 2010MY HSE 3.0 TDV6. Stornoway Grey/Ivory. Extended leather, winter pack.

Post #260063 Thu Mar 18 2010 9:41pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

The LR front seat cover is made in one piece for the back rest and seat base. A plastic tube sewn into a tab on the fabric is forced into the gap between base and back to keep the shape - it works well but is not designed to be taken on and off very frequently. The elastic tapes are held in place by velcro and are fiddly to fit involving work from the front and rear doors. The head rest covers are a very tight fit. I don't bother with the arm rest covers as I don't find the rests of any use and they live permanently pointing upwards. The base covers don't actually come off on their own but my wife manages to move hers about a fair bit getting in and out.

Hope this helps.

Post #260069 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:27pm
quantz

Strange because pictures on LR catalog shows a pretty tight fit all over.
Is it deceptive ? 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #260070 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:30pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

Maybe I got an early version. Big Cry

Post #260077 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:50pm
quantz

Bob. wrote:
Maybe I got an early version. Big Cry

Or maybe the ones on catalog are glued. Shocked 2010 TDV6 3.0 HSE Santorini Black Tan Full Leather

Post #260078 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:53pm
Bob.

United Kingdom 

Could be - certainly the sides where the air bag exits, but maybe I haven't fitted them correctly as I see that the elastic tapes and sides of the seat base cover are routed (tucked) behind the plastic side trim of the seat.

Tomorrow I will see if I can achieve what the brochure shows although I expect cut fingers will be the outcome.

Post #260081 Thu Mar 18 2010 10:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1