RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Help needed with year to purchase 55 or 56
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Tweaky

United Kingdom 
Help needed with year to purchase 55 or 56

I am right on the brink of getting a RRS, i have one coming into my local dealership on a 55 plate, but i have done some more digging today and have found out that there where a fair few upgrades on the 56 plate cars. According to Parkers Guide the oct 06 cars have as standard - Brembo front brakes, one touch windows, active roll mitigation, Dynamic response, fridge, power tail gat latch. Now the ones that i am concerned with are the Anti roll mitigation, the Dynamic Response and brembo brakes.

Now the thing is can you feel the difference with these items, as i reckon it will cost me an extra 2k to purchase a my56 over a my55. Is it worth the extra money or is it just a case of it looking and sounding good on paper?

I have driven two of the newer my56 onward cars and very much liked them and on the basis of that the dealer is getting me in a my55 car that is from group stock and is due in over the next couple of days....am i likely to be disappointed with the ride quality? Should i dig a bit deeper still into my piggy bank?

Any thoughts or help on this would be very much appreciated as i was all set to get the my55 car as it has very low mileage (under 30K) but now i just don't know. HEEEEELPPPPP Shocked

Post #258162 Thu Mar 04 2010 11:11pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Think the Brembos are a worthwhile feature - considerable difference between older cars and ones with Brembo - and the fridge? I like it, works a treat too....

Post #258182 Fri Mar 05 2010 7:34am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

when I bought my first, I waited for the 56 / 07 model because it has so much more than the 06 model.... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #258195 Fri Mar 05 2010 9:27am
BIG BAD RANGE

England 

Hi , my advice is this , i have owned 3 RRS to date , the 1st was a 2.7 HSE and the 2nd was a 3.6 HSE Overfinch all cost me loads of money , and ALL had issues with the front suspension knocking (ARM) they where both back in dealer so many times i lost count , both had issue with SAT NAV system.

I sold them last year and bought a Bentley , BUT i missed the RRS i then dug and dug and bought a RRS 2.7 TDV6 S okay basic model , but the car has no knocking (as dynamic response / arm ) IS NOT FITTED TO AN S model , no say nav issues , i have a GARMIN hard wired which is 100 times better than a factory fit , and the car has been faultless to be fair.

What ever HSE you buy , IT WILL have the knocking which is a real pain and there is NO cure , so be warned , i find the S model a perfect balance between great value for money and no knocking.

Good luck

Post #258219 Fri Mar 05 2010 1:12pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

Taking that into account BBR, I am still sure there are many HSE owners who have not got the knocking problem, including myself - my car hasn't had such problems - and mine is a 56 plate HSE...but in any case the situation with the knocking is a serious one, and shouldn't be taken as being minor....

Post #258221 Fri Mar 05 2010 1:20pm
Jonty

Location: Sat with my head in my hands wondering what the hell I'm doing

United Kingdom 

I had an 05 plate RRS SE and can honestly says the braking and cornering were exactly what I expected from a 2,5 tonne 4x4...I've no doubt that the Brembo'd versions are better at stopping but unless you intend to spend your life haring about like a cat on fire I don't think you'll find any issue with the standard brakes.

The easy answer to your question is get the best car you can for the money Current: I can't say...Oh the Shame!
Gone: 2003 Audi S4 - 340BHP of Fun Smile
Gone: 2005 RRS SE, Silver, Chrome Mirrors, Tinted with a stupid spare wheel!
Gone: Audi A4 2.5 TDi Quattro 180bhp
Gone: BMW 535i
Gone: 1985 Audi Quattro Sad Sad
Gone: Subaru Imprezza Turbo (rubbish)

Post #258223 Fri Mar 05 2010 1:30pm
BIG BAD RANGE

England 

I fully agree Jonty , my 08 RRS S model cost me £24000 with 27000miles , full history , leather , 20 inch alloys , and privacy , and in black , if i went for a HSE same year it would be near on £30,000 at least , so a huge saving , and the S are holding very strong money at present , plus warranty till next year.

Post #258250 Fri Mar 05 2010 4:20pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tweaky

United Kingdom 

thanks for the replies guys, all useful information. I have gone for the newer one, found an 06 reg car with all the newer model features at my local dealership, so the deal has been done, now i just have to sit and wait while they prepare it and put the safe guard finish on the paintwork and interior etc .... oh i hate waiting Yawn

Post #258260 Fri Mar 05 2010 6:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1