RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > It's a type of torture...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

S I think the lad looked absolutely gutted, it would not have been kind to have stopped and rubbernecked, police were already there anyway so no excuse to "witness" another's misfortune. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #257651 Mon Mar 01 2010 12:06pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
bradtarga34

There must have been some seriously excited people there last night, great that you do that for them James. At least I know it's not just me who is that excited and looking forward to getting my RRS. Still waiting on a build date for mine, fingers crossed it will be next month.

Post #257653 Mon Mar 01 2010 12:26pm
Lookers Park Royal

bradtarga34 wrote:
There must have been some seriously excited people there last night.

We even had a few customers who were not collecting turn up just to see a few 10 plate vehicles drive off. One poor guy even turned up even though his bank had messed up his payment and he couldn't drive it away (he'll be collecting later today! Whistle

Matthew is still talking about next month for yours so fingers crossed Thumbs Up

James Thumbs Up

Post #257666 Mon Mar 01 2010 2:32pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
cherokee1111

United Kingdom 

wonder how many each dealership rolled out March 1st?

If I was a betting man I would guestimate about 50-60 per dealership, thats some sales figures for March. Cool Clones are people two

Post #257669 Mon Mar 01 2010 3:46pm
Lookers Park Royal

Wow, that's some guestimate..... and one I'd love to say is right! Laughing

The average LR dealership will have a target of 60 or so for the whole month, therefore I'd guess that most will have waved goodbye to 10-15 by close of business tonight.

James Thumbs Up

Post #257670 Mon Mar 01 2010 3:56pm
Jarvis

Shocked Can one of you folks explain what a 10 plate is for those of us unfamiliar with the land of the Queen?

Post #257687 Mon Mar 01 2010 4:58pm
Lookers Park Royal

Yep! In 2001 (Sept) the DVLA introuduced a new system where the 3rd and 4th didgit would signify the age of the vehicle. The first two letters give the area of the UK that the vehicle was registered in, and the last 3 are random.

The numbers (which signify the age) change in September and March. In 2001 the Sept reg started with 51, then the following Spet went to 52, then 53 etc etc. In March 2002 the reg started with 02, then the following March 03 and so on and so forth.

So 03-10 are March registered and show the year. 51-59 are Sept registered and also show the year (2nd didgit anyway).

So we are on 10 for March (Today) and in Sept this will change to 60, then next year it will be 11 and 61, then 2012 will be 12 and 62, 2013 will be 13 and 63.

Hope this helps?

James Thumbs Up

Post #257690 Mon Mar 01 2010 5:07pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Shocked .... a vehicle plated or registered in 2010

It is not April 1st is it Whistle Rolling with laughter

Post #257692 Mon Mar 01 2010 5:08pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You beat me James - that'll really help Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up

Post #257693 Mon Mar 01 2010 5:09pm
Lookers Park Royal

Land of the Queen........ MAW, perhaps you could explain your local plate rulings? Whistle

Post #257695 Mon Mar 01 2010 5:14pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Of course then there are the several different systems that we had prior to 2001, some of them told you age and area of first taxing the vehicle, and some even older didn't. But then you can have what in the USA you call Vanity Plates and that destroys all the age related stuff....................................

My RRS has a vanity plate which is true to age - FA57 RRS......................... FA is the Peterborough tax office but I purchased the plate online, 57 is Sept2007 -March2008 and RRS is just random.................................. Whistle Whistle

Then my Defender has P12 MUD as it's licence which is from a previous system - P is 1996 March to 1997 March, 12 is random and it could be 3 numbers MUD - the M is random but UD indicated the taxing area (which I have never bothered to investigate and as it is also a Vanity Plate I'm not worried)

You cannot put a recent plate on an older car either to make it look younger............................

Then you can have numerals followed by letters - no age or area indication

Kahn (yes those Kahns) own the most expensive plate ever sold in the UK F1, single letter and single numeral plates are worth £100,000 and more............................... my FA57 plate is a stadard plate and cost me £250 but when I looked a couple of weeks later the licencing office were selling them for £1000-£5000 because they monitor which plates are selling in large numbers and adjust the price online according to demand. It makes a lot of money for the Govt! 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #257700 Mon Mar 01 2010 6:29pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Lookers Park Royal wrote:
Land of the Queen........ MAW, perhaps you could explain your local plate rulings? Whistle

I didn't know they had different number plates in Brighton? Confused 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #257701 Mon Mar 01 2010 6:33pm
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

Sales guy told me T n C Aberdeen had 30 new cars waiting to go out today! Don't know the model split though! Was a few Freebys, RRSs and Discos though. Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #257705 Mon Mar 01 2010 7:07pm
BKHK

Australia 

Jarvis

I understand your question.

The British have a strange system of registering their cars whereby the plate actually shows the vehicle's year (of registration). Broadly speaking, the plate remains with the car for life so everyone knows the age of the car you drive by looking at the plate.

The plates change in September and March. So, its a big deal to the Brits to have a 10 plate because it means they have a shiny new car registered in 2010 and, believe it or not, that actually has an impact on value!.....until the next plate numbers come out in September when the car immediately becomes "older"

So, someone who bought their car in mid February would have a 59 plate (second half of the 09 registratons post September) and someone who bought one just two weeks later would now have a 10 plate...more valuable.

Some people actually pick up cars at midnight to be the "first" with a new plate? Some even delay their car replacement by a couple of months so that they can get a10 plate or whatever the new plate is.

Like in the USA, here, we can have more or less whatever we like on a plate. Any vehicle can have several sets of plates in its lifetime. Its the vehicle year of manufacture or registration which counts, not what's on a $2 plate.

Isn't that a funny system? Everyone knows how old your car is by looking at the plate which cannot be changed and is worth $2? Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #257746 Mon Mar 01 2010 11:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12