RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > xxxxx Tuning ( Remap)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

The Range Rover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White
xxxxx Tuning ( Remap)

Hi All
I dont know if this has been already covered, but I have Just had the Pride and Joy remmaped by xxxxx Tuning and feel I have to spread the good news Laughing
I was looking to get the RRS remmapped and shopped around , I got in touch with Angel Tuning (as not many are available up here in scotland) and a nice chap called Paul Winston got back to me.
He explained all about the remap process, and what Figures I could expect.
The only thing which differed was the the price!!!!!!

The full remap including vat came to £275.00 Thud
I booked it straight away !!!!!!!
Paul arrived and set about his business, the whole thing was done in around 1.5 hours after which durng the test driveI thought I was driving a new car Very Happy

Paul Winston is the only dealer in Scotland from xxxxxxx Tuning but there are many more down south which can be found at xxxxxxxxxx

I would not hesitate to recommend this service, you can contact me for a phone number for Paul if you wish.

I am delighted with the change in the car!

Colin

Post #255008 Thu Feb 11 2010 6:00pm
muffd

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Yup. I agree up to a point. Paul did mine and 5 of my mates RRS's on my recommendation.
Only problem is my car has been set back to the factory settings by the dealer as I had the bluetooth upgrade done and this meant a software download which reset everything back to the factory settings. I also had a problem the day after my remap which resulted in my EGR valves being replaced due to the yellow transmission / gearbox warning coming on. Whether this was as a result of the remap or not I don't know. Anyway, mine is now back to standard and has the infamous turbo lag back Sad
Whilst it lasted, my remap was incredible. It was like jumping from a 1.4 VW Golf into a GTI. However, I don't think I'll do it again (see above for reasons as to why).
Muff Confused If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Last edited by muffd on Fri Feb 12 2010 12:06am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #255053 Thu Feb 11 2010 9:57pm
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

EGR valves are a very common failure.

Let us know how you go with it and once youv'e calmed down the heavy right foot let us know how the mpg is going

Post #255057 Thu Feb 11 2010 10:02pm
muffd

Hi Lespes

You misread my post. Mine has gone from being remapped, back to the standard factory settings. In the brief time I enjoyed the remap, it went like a rocket. It doesn't now due to the dealer resetting the car's software.

With regard to fuel consumption, the remap made no difference. Neither up nor down.

I recommended a lot of people to Angel. But I have to say I feel a bit deflated as all of my recommendations in this regard followed my lead and I now have no benefit as the car is now back to standard. Would I have it remapped again? Nope. Because the next time the car is in for a service and it is put on the dealers laptop, you have just Censored £275 up against a wall. Like me. But with several friends who will blame me when their remap goes wrong too. Sorry to be so pessimistic. Big Cry If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Java Black HSE TDV6 O7, alpaca, FF sunroof, adaptive Xenon headlights, SC grill, black privacy glass, clear indicators, tow-pack, colour-coded all black.Gone, but forever in my memory. Until my new one comes...
In the stables:Mercedes CLK 230K Cab W208; BMW 318d; VW Golf (LHD) 1.6 SE in Spain:New RRS to come soon...

Post #255082 Thu Feb 11 2010 11:50pm
muffd

Colin

I had mine done by Paul. see my post above. I was delighted when it was done. So much so I had people queuing to get it done by Paul on my recommendation. I hope yours works out better than mine as explained above. My car is now a slouch by comparison. Another of my mates had it done by Paul 2 weeks ago - 6th customer on my recommendation, but this time I told my mate to let Paul know mine was back to standard and a slouch. I'm not holding my breath for it to be done again FOC. I have no intention of paying for it to be done again, nor will I recommend this again to anyone. It is a short term gain (marvelous) but not without its problems as I can testify.
Graham
(Carmunnock, Glasgow) If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Post #255084 Thu Feb 11 2010 11:55pm
The Range Rover

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Muffd
Have you spoke to Paul?

He did expain to me regarding the Stealer could reset it , however, he only mentioned a £25.00 Charge for a re-install? or did I miss something?
I take it all remaps can be reset by the dealers?

What other problems did you encounter?

Colin

Post #255105 Fri Feb 12 2010 9:32am
RRSSTEVE

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Graham ask the dealer why the engine ecm was reprogrammed for a phone issue, also if egr s were replaced it would only require the faults cleared. steve

Post #255365 Sat Feb 13 2010 7:17pm
muffd

if that's the case, then my remap clearly has not been successful. When it was done, the car drove like a rocket from takeoff and all through the rev range. It was quite remarkable. However, the following morning after the remap, the yellow transmission warning light would not go off. I suspect that meddling with the car's software could be to blame (and I stress the word 'could' here). I booked it in for this and the rgr valve was done under warranty. Whist it was in, I had the car serviced, and I bought the blue tooth upgrade. When I got the car back, it was most definitely back to standard.

I feel I wasted the fee on the remap, as the dealers clearly reset the factory settings when it is their care. It was remarkable for the few days I enjoyed the boosted performance but I will not be having it done again. The car aint broke, and I am happy enough with her as she is performance wise. No disrespect to Paul at Angel. He's a top chap. If you see a bandwagon - it's too late.....

Post #255367 Sat Feb 13 2010 7:36pm
shuzzy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

With regards to remaps, is there such a thing as a free lunch ? All the extra performance with no detriment to economy and more importantly reliability.

Post #255411 Sun Feb 14 2010 10:22am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

THe problems above and getting returned back to standard is why the BAS remap interface is so good in comparison to others, if you loose the mapping at the dealers you get a new mapping back for free and dont have to leave your home to get it Smile

But its more than 275 all in im afraid.

Pete 

Post #255549 Sun Feb 14 2010 9:51pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1