RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > It was all going so well and then...............
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Red1903

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Java Black
It was all going so well and then...............

My 4 week old MY10 RRS TDV6 HSE was dropped off at the dealership this afternoon with the following faults.

1. Gear box fault
2. Park heater operation results in the car alarm being activated (intermittent fault)
3. Keyless entry has gone faulty( car now wont unlock when you approach the vehicle)
4. Tailgate doesn't close properly( Very annoying as it takes a few attempts to close it!)
5. Sluggish response when accelerating, probably down to the gear box issue.

Fair play to the dealer, they had lined up an 09 plate RRS TDV6 HSE as a loan vehicle until my car is fixed.
This is my second RRS so I am getting used to the teething problems from new. even with the above issues, I cant think of another 4 x 4 I would rather drive. Thumbs Up

Post #249363 Tue Jan 12 2010 8:52pm
purple people eater

United Kingdom 

i must be the lucky one reading all the posts, my sadly missed MY06, practicaly faultless, touch wood MY10 still running purple people eater

There are no good days, just some days that are not as bad as others!

Gone RR 4.0 P38 Autobiography MY99 Red ( Evil or Very Mad money pit)
Gone Big Cry RRS MY06 2.7TDV6 HSE Rimini Red
Gone RRS MY10 3.0TDV6 HSE Bali Blue with lots of bits (never grew to love it)
Here Now - 3.6 TDV8 FFRR OVERFINCH Stornoway Grey - loving it x
My work car Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDci Zetec auto Estate in Silver

Post #249365 Tue Jan 12 2010 8:58pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

Is it the full tailgate the has the problem or just the top part when you open that? I've noticed with mine the top part rarely seems to shut properly first time. I've given up using it as the main tail gate is always fine. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #249399 Tue Jan 12 2010 10:41pm
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: It was all going so well and then...............

Red1903 wrote:

3. Keyless entry has gone faulty( car now wont unlock when you approach the vehicle)

I had this issue but found out it was due to the car door handle be either dirty and/or cover with snow...seems to trigger the same reaction as when you touch them and the car unlock itself. Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #249429 Wed Jan 13 2010 8:21am
Richchad

United Kingdom 

RichardM wrote:
Is it the full tailgate the has the problem or just the top part when you open that? I've noticed with mine the top part rarely seems to shut properly first time. I've given up using it as the main tail gate is always fine.

Yes, I have the same problem with the top part, hasn't closed properly from day 1, so have avoided using it, think I need to add it to my list for the dealer. Arrived - RRSport 2016 HSE SDV6 HSE
Loire Blue/Ivory leather Privacy Glass

Gone - RRSPORT 2010 TDV6 HSE
Stornaway/Ebony Premium leather with Lunar stitching, Heated Steering Wheel and Privacy Glass.

Gone - RRSPORT TDV6 HSE
Buckingham Blue/Ivory, Privacy Glass, Tasmods Sills, Supercharged Black Badges all round, Grille & Vents, plus RRSport Sticker & Brolly of course.

Post #249437 Wed Jan 13 2010 9:16am
delboy633

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze
RRS MY 2010 problems

Hi Red

You think you've got it bad old pal.......

My 900 mile old 3.0TDV6 HSE has been off the road since Christmas Eve and the dealer has had it over 2 weeks now-'waiting for parts'.Being permanently in Reduced Performance mode , it requires a new valve and pipework somewhere apparently.
Whilst they have it , it also needs a software upgrade,a new ecu module, a new diesel particulate filter and another go at the ubiquitous knocking sound

The loan TDV6 2010 also has the all too familiar 'Gearbox' warning and has now trumped this with a 'do not drive stop engine/stop car safely' message - both of which disappear on restarting

This all follows my car being delivered back in September with a faulty rear nearside passenger door lock and a broken front offside suspension strut held on by incorrectly fitted pipes

Haven't dared open the upper tailgate for fear of disappointment !

Oh the joys of ownership. I'm sure someone will tell me me they've had it worse. Any better takers for Lemon of the Year so far ?

Last edited by delboy633 on Wed Jan 13 2010 11:50am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #249453 Wed Jan 13 2010 11:16am
JonnyDangerous

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Richchad wrote:
RichardM wrote:
Is it the full tailgate the has the problem or just the top part when you open that? I've noticed with mine the top part rarely seems to shut properly first time. I've given up using it as the main tail gate is always fine.

Yes, I have the same problem with the top part, hasn't closed properly from day 1, so have avoided using it, think I need to add it to my list for the dealer.

I have the same problem. I have to give it a good slam to close properly.

Post #249455 Wed Jan 13 2010 11:21am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Ahhhhh JD that will be the 2010MY special Hard Close tailgate mechanism.................................. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #249457 Wed Jan 13 2010 11:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Aitchy

United Kingdom 
me too!

My 2010MY 3.0 SE, delivered 18th December, 1,200 miles ago,is lined up for its 3rd visit to the dealer on Friday This follows 2 home recoveries, firstly for the reduced power which was diagnosed as the valve on the turbo (?) and then a repeat for a gearbox fault resolved as the selector switch. Despite being "fixed" i now have the red triangle and reduced power message coming on intermitentley but switch off/on clears it. Big Cry i have now had 2 days without fault but its in for a diagnostic to see what these last 2 "false alarms" were for. Dealer has been brilliant Thumbs Up (Marshalls Peterborough) and I have secured a free 15,000 mile service form LR customer services as compensaton for the agro Thumbs Up fingers crossed.

Post #249614 Wed Jan 13 2010 9:04pm
Red1903

Still not got the car back from dropping it off at the garage on Tuesday afternoon.

The tailgate issue has been resolved by an adjustment to the striker mechanism.
The keyless entry problem is still not resolved and they are now on about replacing both the keys that came with the car Confused
Park heater problem may be linked to the keyless entry problem and at this time remains unresolved.

The dealer did find another 2 faults that I had not reported, and fixed both. Unsure exactly what the faults were as I was beginning to nod off while listening Yawn

The gearbox issue is also not resolved as the first part they replaced( selector switch) has not worked, and they are now waiting for more parts to arrive hopefully tomorrow.

The latest is I may get the car back at some point tomorrow Whistle

An 09 plate 2.7HSE runs rings round MY10 3.0HSE Rolling with laughter

Post #249791 Thu Jan 14 2010 7:52pm
mrloudly

"the reduced power which was diagnosed as the valve on the turbo"

There's normally a pressure sensor that confirms the turbo is "blowing". If the management system doesn't receive a correct reading from such sensor, it is programmed to cut the fueling back thus giving reduced performance. (obviously the engine needs less fuel as there's less air thru no turbo pressure, so the unit thinks...) This protects cats and prevents smoking from unburnt fuel. 99 times out of a 100 the turbo's fine, it's just the sensor not working but the management doesn't know that Wink
That's my guess anyhow Wink

Andy M

Post #249923 Fri Jan 15 2010 2:10pm
Aitchy

United Kingdom 

thanks. Despite the glitches its been running fault free now. As i wont need it for the next 2 weeks (operation on my throttle foot) i trust all will be well when i return to it in early Feb Thumbs Up

Post #250193 Sun Jan 17 2010 12:58pm
Red1903

Time for an update.

The gearbox problem has been resolved by the dealer fitting the modified gear selector switch, car is now going great.
The rear tailgate not closing was corrected by an adjustment to the striker mechanism.
The Park Heater now wont work by setting it using the dash option although it will now work using the remote fob.
Landrover now have a fix for the park heater problem which the dealer will carry out this week
Keyless entry is still a problem from time to time and replacement keys have arrived at the dealers.
The heated steering wheel has now gone faulty so the dealer is planning to replace the wheel this week.

Hopefully the dealer will fix all the faults when the car goes in this week. Thumbs Up

Post #252900 Sat Jan 30 2010 9:45pm
Red1903

Quick update.

Park heater still not working.....software issue with land rover for fix.
Heated steering wheel still not working.....awaiting replacement
Keyless entry problem.........new keys has resolved the problem.

The car has now developed the dreaded knocking from the previous model. The land rover fix which involves swapping out the bracing rods for 2 x 3.5kg weights does not work on MY10 car. The cars dynamics are all over the place resulting in the feeling you are driving a wreck.

Simply not good enough Land Rover!

Post #255254 Fri Feb 12 2010 9:37pm
RichardM

2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Galway Green

The knocking noise is pretty bad on mine too, especially over bumpy roads. WINNER - 2009 ‘Just Doing What It’s Designed To Do’ Award

2010 TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Adaptive Cruise - Sunroof - Privacy Glass - 5 Spoke Alloys
2009 TDV6 3.0 HSE Buckingham Blue - GONE

Post #255260 Fri Feb 12 2010 10:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>