RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Sat nav/radio problem, part missing?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wboard

United Kingdom 
Sat nav/radio problem, part missing?

Hi, i am replacing the sat nav/ stereo equipment in a sport. i have managed to find correct dvd nav drive, head unit and touch screen, hk amp from a range rover, in the boot tv tuner , tmc module and bluetooth unit but i still have one of the orange fibre optic most connections with the black plug spare in the rear boot.
i have no sound from radio/cd and the touch screen just has the land rover logo and will do nothing else.
I'm thinking it's stuck because the most link is not complete or maybe the HK amp, is different? or must it all be reconfigured?
Anyone know what could be missing?
Many thanks for any help.

Post #247055 Tue Dec 29 2009 4:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You may have to get the system configured - changing parts can upset the LR computer systems which are all linked 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247060 Tue Dec 29 2009 4:56pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wboard

United Kingdom 

Thanks Tim. I can see me going to the dealers and then being told i need another part !
I had hoped that with the parts being second hand they might not need configuring.
Frustrating!

Post #247092 Tue Dec 29 2009 9:23pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

IIRC the components like radio, satnav etc are all electronically "marked" so the car recognises when something has been changed and will not recognise replacements. If you know somebody with an Autologic system, that may save you a fair bit on dealer help at £110 a hour or more......................... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247094 Tue Dec 29 2009 9:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
wboard

United Kingdom 

The more information i have the better! thanks again. I will try to find someone local with autologic, failing that off to dealer. I sometimes feel main agents are not that interested in anything out of the ordinary, which all my problems seem to be!

Post #247102 Tue Dec 29 2009 11:08pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1