RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New to this!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Wibbler

New to this!

So, I think I want a RR Sport.

I have a look in mind - black/silver with privacy and Overfinch style wheels, nice leather interior.

The question is where should i start looking?

I think I'm going to have to go TDV6 2.7 but I'm wondering if to get the look I want I should buy a car and "mod" it myself - new wheels/interior etc.

Any thoughts where to start?

On the subject of the 2.7 - am I going to find it too sluggish?

Post #246531 Wed Dec 23 2009 11:09pm
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Hello Wibbler

Welcome Thumbs Up

1. buying a car already 'modded' is usually cheaper

2. i didn't find the 2.7 slugish, once its moving and in sport mode it performs quite well, obviously the 3.6 or new 3.0 are more responsive but it depends what your looking for.

3. the most important point you don't 'think i want a RR Sport' YOU NEED A RRS Thumbs Up

Starting place is to pop down to your local stealer and try a 2.7 Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #246556 Thu Dec 24 2009 7:40am
scott7

Scotland 

The 2.7 v6 is adequate, it could do with a bit more power mid range but you just drive it accordingly.
I wouldn't be put off a car if it didn't have the wheels on it that you want as they can easily be changed, the overfinch style you mentioned are available with Tyres for around £1200, as for the interior, any real changes to that could be very expensive.

Due to the technology in these cars I would advise you to buy one with a good recognised warranty or get one for the car If it doesn't have one when you buy it, you'll get a lot of good advice on here and any questions you have answered, good luck.

Post #246557 Thu Dec 24 2009 7:44am
The doc

United Kingdom 

2.7 remapped is a different universe - good luck with your hunt

Post #246607 Thu Dec 24 2009 11:38am
Wibbler

Thanks for the replies guys. So the question is where do I start... I need to understand the differences between the specs - and I'm finding that difficult to do - easy on the MY10 cars from the LR website but not so easy on 2 year old cars.

Can anyone point me at the S, SE and HSE differences?

Post #246995 Tue Dec 29 2009 10:58am
al zheimers

Wales 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I cant really help you much but I know that the HSE comes with sat nat, the SE and the S do not Cool

Post #247003 Tue Dec 29 2009 11:17am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Al, SE had satnav as standard from 2007MY, before that it was an option. S had cloth interior as standard but I have yet to see one with it, I think most people specced the optional leather. I have the all the RRS brochures from launch Embarassed Embarassed but it will take a couple of days to work out the various specs and list them. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #247004 Tue Dec 29 2009 11:24am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
al zheimers

Wales 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I stand corrected Embarassed

I would love to say that I have had a drink and thats why I'm talking utter b Censored x but I'm as sober as a judge Whistle

Post #247007 Tue Dec 29 2009 11:28am
4wheeldriver

Scotland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 Autobiography Stornoway Grey

I too can vouch for the 2.7 when its remapped! I use mine for towing a caravan and the pulling power with a tonne and a half of 'van on is great! Out pulls my 530 diesel up all the same hills and its 700kg HEAVIER all up!

On the road she works fine too! Pulls well for overtaking and general use! Another plus point is mpg!

37.7 mpg (on the computer) running through Norfolk and Suffolk last summer. 35.3 mpg (again on computer) on motorways. Around town it usually hovers around 23 to 25 depending on the traffic!

8 month an 8000 miles and I'm chuffed to bits with the overall package! Current, M135i in Estoril Blue with more extras than the cast of Ben Hur.

535d m-sport Platinum grey and a few extras.... Gone

X5 3.0 sd in Space Grey, 20's, Dynamic Pack, Memory Pack, Media Pack, Tow Pack, Rear DVD, Panoramic Sunroof, Steps, 7 Seat Pack, Reversing Camera with moving lines, programmable park heat, etc etc etc - Gone

Range Rover Sport Santorini, privacy, dvd, towpack GONE!!!

Post #247018 Tue Dec 29 2009 12:03pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1