RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Urgent TDV8 queries
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Bradders

United Kingdom 
Urgent TDV8 queries

I have agreed to buy a TDV8 yesterday and left the dealer with a list if things to put right!

In addition, can anyone help with;

1. What should be in the toolkit - this one had the jack and not much else - photos appreciated,
2. The front and rear valance and bottom of the doors were colour coded Stornaway Grey - is this a factory or dealer job on a 2007 or more likely after market?
3. Kick down in top was under whelming to say the least - any suggestions?
4. There was a rust spot on the wheel arch as if the tyres has thrown up a stone - is this common or something to worry about?

The dealer is a local Audi main garage who doesn't know his RRS from his elbow!!

Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers. Thumbs Up

Post #245077 Fri Dec 11 2009 7:29am
Jimmy_75000

France 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey
Re: Urgent TDV8 queries

Bradders wrote:
2. The front and rear valance and bottom of the doors were colour coded Stornaway Grey - is this a factory or dealer job on a 2007 or more likely after market?

Sounds like either a dealer or after market job as they all come with black colour from the factory.... Range Rover Vogue ‘17 TDV6

Gone: Range Rover Vogue '11 4.4TDV8, Range Rover Sport ‘59, Range Rover Sport ‘56

Post #245082 Fri Dec 11 2009 9:16am
lespes

Guernsey 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Try this link.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic6540.html?highlight=toolkit

Post #245093 Fri Dec 11 2009 10:14am
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Cheers guys - thats 2 out of 4 sorted!

Post #245095 Fri Dec 11 2009 10:30am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

INSIST THAT THE LOCAL AUDI DEALER TAKES IT TO A LAND ROVER DEALER FOR A FULL CHECK UP BEFORE YOU WILL ACCEPT IT - Audi dealers know about Audi's they generally know NOTHING about real 4x4's

Poor kickdown would suggest that the car has been driven mainly in town by a "granny" - the autobox is adaptive and learns the way you drive. You can liven it up in three ways:

1) The pleasant way - go welly the car around a track - everytime it tries to shift into 6th welly it again and force it to downshift

2) The easy on the pocket way - get the dealer to disconnect the battery which will clear the gearbox ecu memory and you can start training it all over again!

3) The head in the sand method - drive all the time in Sport mode which locks out 6th Mr. Green

Item 4 - the wheel arches are plastic lined so this sounds like it is on the outer edge. Chip'saway or a decent body shop should be able to deal with it - stone chips can happen to anybody 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #245096 Fri Dec 11 2009 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Bradders

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
INSIST THAT THE LOCAL AUDI DEALER TAKES IT TO A LAND ROVER DEALER FOR A FULL CHECK UP BEFORE YOU WILL ACCEPT IT - Audi dealers know about Audi's they generally know NOTHING about real 4x4's

Cheers, Tim - the dealer is part of Guy Salmon LR so getting them to check it over shouldn't be a problem. Looking forward to giving it the beans to get that kick down sorted.

Looks like I could be a paid up member soon after all!!

Thanks for the other tips too. The sales guy just looked at me stupid as I checked the air suspension and transfer box. People power!!!
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #245101 Fri Dec 11 2009 10:45am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1