RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Connector under lift-up centre console
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

SGAH

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Connector under lift-up centre console

Still discovering new things with my RRS....

Have lifted up the centre console and have noticed what looks like a fixed phone cradle complete with electrical connection point (sits just above the fridge when lowered).

Can anyone tell me if this is standard, and if so what the connection/cradle is designed for? Unfortunately it doesn't look like an iPhone/iPod connection unit.

Cheers

Post #244294 Thu Dec 03 2009 5:12pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

No iPod connection there I'm afraid, I think they did away with the wired phone connection in the MY 08.5 RRS. There are a couple of diffrent phone cradles, I have the one for the Nokia 6230i but not sure what the other ones are.
If you have the Bluetooth phone integration in the car then you can use that to connect your iPhone, I have the iPod cradle and though it donsn't fit the iPhone it will charge it and allow it to function as a iPod, the iPod conectivity kit also has a USB connector in the glove box and I can play / charge my iPod/iPhone through that as well. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #244296 Thu Dec 03 2009 5:20pm
SGAH

2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Have the bluetooth integrated in the car and am very impressed with the overall quality (I did used to have a device you'd click onto your sun visor in my last car, the quality was not great). Love the way I can leave my phone in my pocket and control everything with the stereo.

I like the idea of having my iPod stored away [permanently, as I don't tend to use it out of the car] out of view and also being able to control it through the stereo - I take it this is achievable somehow...? Possibly just leaving it in the glove box with the USB connector..? 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE

Post #244297 Thu Dec 03 2009 5:42pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

I havn't used it that way, I know it plays as an iPod on the USB but I havn't made or recieved a call on it while like that.
in the iPod dock on the dash it works as an iPod and when you get a call it mutes the stereo and connects via bluetooth for the call even tho the iPhone says it won't work with this accessory!
After the update from apple a few months ago it wouldn't chage from the iPod dock but from the last update it is back working again Smile Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #244320 Thu Dec 03 2009 7:30pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1