RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Error messages - Please help !
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

marcusjames

Switzerland 
Error messages - Please help !

Hi all

Hoping you can shed some light on some issues with my 2007 Range Rover Sport SC.

Had winter tyres fitted today. As I left the garage the car had the message "slow down or suspension will lower". I notice that it was set to maximum, slowed down, dropped it to normal and all was ok. I only mention that in case it's connected.

About an hour later, sitting in traffic I get the following messages/lights (if I recall correctly):

Lights - ABS, Brake "!", DSC, and one of the car with an up/down arrow.
Messages - "transmission failure - stop safely", "suspension lowering", "HDC issue"

The lights were orange and went out on restart. Should I be concerned ?

Car booked in to stealer on Monday but they are bloody useless.

Thanks

Post #243292 Sat Nov 21 2009 1:58pm
C10KO

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Mate, the message can have dozens of causes and so best is to get the error message reading. If it happens again my advice would be to ring the LR hotline to send someone to have a look. This way you at least report the problem to the customer service centre as the dealer does not necessarily have to do it, especially if it was caused by him in any way.

Post #243293 Sat Nov 21 2009 2:07pm
Kilovolt

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I have a feeling the techy whizz boys are quiet this afternoon but this has been reported before I'm sure as a direct result of low battery voltage (the whole thing goes bezerk on low volts). The old R2D2 computer does not like low battery volts.

Make sure your battery is well charged and in tip-top condition - worth a thought Question

I bet the techy boys will know better than me when they read this Embarassed Smoke me a kipper: I'll be back for breakfast.

RRS HSE TDV6 gone after 15 months since new - will not be missed I'm afraid - bit of a gremlin in there somewhere - too many issues. Replaced with FFRR Vogue TDV8 - very nice - not as sporty (of course) but absolute luxury.

Post #243305 Sat Nov 21 2009 6:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

Kilovolt wrote:
I have a feeling the techy whizz boys are quiet this afternoon but this has been reported before I'm sure as a direct result of low battery voltage (the whole thing goes bezerk on low volts). The old R2D2 computer does not like low battery volts.

Make sure your battery is well charged and in tip-top condition - worth a thought Question

I bet the techy boys will know better than me when they read this Embarassed

Right on target here...all signs of a low battery. PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #243312 Sat Nov 21 2009 6:28pm
C10KO

It is not necessarily a low battery.
Reason being is that my cousin has experienced similar issue. In his case it was a water leak into the ECU that happened while the stealer was washing his car Rolling Eyes Result, a new ECU was needed Laughing

All what I am saying is that the controls on the dash in a RRS quite likes to shine as light on the christmas tree and that it can have dozen causes...

Post #243316 Sat Nov 21 2009 7:20pm
marcusjames

Switzerland 

Thanks guys. I'll try that avenue.

The car has had issues since I picked it up two months ago. The small, but frustrating issue, has been the front seat movement. It's gone back to the dealer 5 times and they keep telling me they've repaired it. Alas, no improvement. They even managed to screw up the alloys wheel beyond belief whilst in their possession. The second time the car went in for the seat, it came back with 200 additional kms on the clock. They said they wanted to test it !!

Sent a letter of frustration and got an email back from the dealer telling me to go somewhere else !!

Ho hum.

Post #243357 Sun Nov 22 2009 12:58pm
C10KO

marcusjames wrote:
Sent a letter of frustration and got an email back from the dealer telling me to go somewhere else !!

How old is your car? Are you the first owner? Where have you bought the car?

If I were you I would open an official dispute in the country where the car is registered with Land Rover.
Just ring the LR customer care centre in CH, they will be able to help you out...

Post #243360 Sun Nov 22 2009 1:29pm
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Coko,

you have a point, I had similiar reocurring warning lights - 'Transmission Fault, Limited Gears' , 'Park Brake Fault', 'HDC Fault', 'Special Programmes Not Available', etc, etc, etc.

Turned out to be the Transmission ECU had got water into and corroded, needed replacing. Dealer told me LR Procedures just said to check fault codes and reset, not to actually inspect the ECU.
Not offroaded the RRS, so they thought it was an over eager valeter, probably theirs.

Battery is usually the obvious cause, but worth considering Censored ECUs as well.

Marcus

great dealer you have there, that response probably comes straight out of the LR Customer Service Manual, for when they can't find a problem.

Post #243361 Sun Nov 22 2009 1:31pm
C10KO

islider wrote:
great dealer you have there, that response probably comes straight out of the LR Customer Service Manual, for when they can't find a problem.

Laughing

Post #243366 Sun Nov 22 2009 2:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1