RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > 2005 HSE or 2007 S with leather?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Wenners

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
2005 HSE or 2007 S with leather?

Have always been adamant I would buy a HSE but seen a couple of S models with leather, a couple of years newer, both TDV6.

What do you guys think?

Post #242963 Mon Nov 16 2009 11:21pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

if an S with leather matches your requirements then a newer RRS is always nicer imho - all depends if the HSE options are a requirement or not I guess - In my opinion, there isn't any HSE snobbery with the RRS as they all look great Thumbs Up

Post #242975 Tue Nov 17 2009 8:43am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

I live in Barcelona for my job and bought there a RRS, just a few months ago.

In my opinion, only buy a HSE, since the S or SE are very difficult to resell.

When i bought my car in Spain, after searching for the perfect one, i noticed that
the HSE were sold very rapidly and the other versions sticked for very long in the shops.
Even when they were younger and/or had lower millage.....

SW

Post #242979 Tue Nov 17 2009 9:06am
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Most people want all the toys which come with the HSE.

As SW says, SE and S models are more difficult to sell. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #242991 Tue Nov 17 2009 11:18am
Alias

Switzerland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Range Rover Sport S model? We only have in Switzerland SE and HSE. So I think it's diffucult to sell a RRS S. Buy a HSE. Wink But how much kilometers has the Range Rover Sport 2005?

Post #243073 Wed Nov 18 2009 8:28am
mihakrapez

Slovenia 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

In My country RR and RRS are status simbols.

So why buy A cheaper version of status simbol? If you are looking for a reliable 4x4 go for Land cruiser.

And yes RRS must be HSE and must be loaded.

So Go for HSE

Post #243106 Wed Nov 18 2009 3:55pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

mihakrapez wrote:
If you are looking for a reliable 4x4 go for Land cruiser.

...........and want an antiquated 4x4 built on a 90's platform, absolutely. In the real world, LR's are no more unreliable than a Land Cruiser, just mythology dictates as such. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #243107 Wed Nov 18 2009 4:04pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

will_wonka wrote:
mihakrapez wrote:

...........and want an antiquated 4x4 built on a 90's platform, absolutely. In the real world, LR's are no more unreliable than a Land Cruiser, just mythology dictates as such. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes
Personal experience tells me that I did 3 times the mileage in a Landcruiser with 0 problems and only done 35k km in the RRS and there have been a few problems, but I still love to drive the RRS Thumbs Up Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #243109 Wed Nov 18 2009 5:28pm
ASH555

England 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

But was the Landcruiser an S or Hse Laughing

Go with the one you like the most, if your happy with the S spec buy it Thumbs Up MY10 3.0 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20" Diamond Turned Alloys, Factory Privacy Glass, Premium Leather, Contrast Stiching, Side Steps, Etc

Gone 2006 '56' 2.7 TDV6 HSE, Zermatt Silver, 20", Side Steps, Brembos, Dynamic Pack, Etc

VW Transporter, 19" Rims, T32 170 BHP, Lowered

Post #243114 Wed Nov 18 2009 6:35pm
Wenners

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks for your replies.

Desperately want an RRS but values are still holding up really well, am starting to think that an S would be better than going for an alternative car! Whatever I buy, I know it won't be a Landcruiser, reliable I don't doubt, but a completely different proposition.

Will keep looking and pondering my dilemna!

Thanks again.

Post #243133 Wed Nov 18 2009 11:19pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

will_wonka wrote:
mihakrapez wrote:

...........and want an antiquated 4x4 built on a 90's platform, absolutely. In the real world, LR's are no more unreliable than a Land Cruiser, just mythology dictates as such. Evil or Very Mad Rolling Eyes

Agreed WW.. I don't believe any one manufacturer is more reliable than the other. Thumbs Up

In fact, statistically speaking, and from when Ford previously took ownership from BMW, Land Rover warranty claims have fallen drastically.

However when a Land Cruiser fails (or even just wobbles a little) do Toyota tell the customer " its a charateristic of the car they all do that", or that you "had the wrong tyres/wheels", or you shouldn't fit "all terrain tyres to your 4x4"...

I strongly don't believe so..

In the most recent story I heard for a brand new Toyota LC200 (crossing the Nullabor IIRC), Toyota very promptly airfreighted the part into the middle of the Australian outback so the car could be quickly fixed after its power steering developed a leak!

To balance out this out I was told only last night of a then Brand New Range Rover Sport, who's rear disc 'exploded' in the South Australian outback. Took Land Rover assist nine days to recover the car! IIRC there was then the obligatory argument with Land Rover as to whether it was warranty or not!

Its not the so called reliability that's at question for me, just the complete lack of customer service, and the continuing dodging by Land Rover of their obligations under the statutory warranty at every possible turn!

Maybe that's how Land Rover get and keep their warranty statistics down Whistle

Post #243136 Wed Nov 18 2009 11:55pm
tash

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Had same dilema, just bought a RRS HSE

I was looking at an S with with alpaca leather, supercharged wheels and colour coded black, it had no sat nav and worst of all no PDC front or rear....this is what put me off.

For me the RRS now I have one needs the leather, PDC, sat nav and for the odd days we have had the heated seats. I think you would feel disappointed after a short time with a low spec S...I think the HSE does hold on to the value but this proportional as the gap between the S/SE and HSE closes very slowly.

Another point, is every dealer I asked if they had an S/SE at said 'what, why do you want one?'. A little extreme I thought but it is rare to see them in main delears

Post #243276 Sat Nov 21 2009 12:38am
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

What about the XS, leather, PDC and Nav which i think are the key must haves

Post #243281 Sat Nov 21 2009 9:50am
islider

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black

Had the same issue when I bought my RRS SE two years ago.

I wanted a low mileage car and as new as possible, also had to be either black or grey and with factory tints and bluetooth.

At the time prices were very firm, not long before they fell off a cliff though, but hinsight is wonderful.

As I had a set of certain requirements, I had already narrowed down the number of cars available. Also most cars built are Diesel HSEs, so finding S or SE specs is much more difficult.

All the HSEs in my price range had high mileage. So ruled them out.

At the time S/C were pretty good value and nearly bought one, although it had higher mileage than I wanted. Again with hindsight after two years of ownership, wish I had bought the S/C more fun and stuff the running costs.

I found an SE that ticked all my boxes. It didn't have satnav, but that didn't bother me at the time. Now I think the RRS interior without the screen is a little lacking, not the satnav just the screen. Satnav is a bonus.

The thing is, the S comes with a lot missing and the SE with less missing.
S doesn't have Leather, Xenons, Heated Seats, Heated Front Screen, Power Mirrors, basic Audio, Front Fogs, Rear Parking Sensors - wheras the SE does.
On the resell issue, yes people want all the toys that come with an HSE, but from what I have been offered on tradein the difference is less than the saving I made on original purchase price. So evens itself out.

So it really is your call, maybe consider a reasonable SE instead of an S or high mileage HSE, and you will get more of the minimum Luxury features an RRS should have.

However after saying all of the above, my low mileage SE has had some problems like most RRSs and all of them were unrelated to doing alot of miles. So the higher mileage HSE might be abetter option. Although you will be out of LR man warranty, and that is not as good as having an older RRS under the Extended Warranty which isn't as comprehensive.

Either way the RRS S spec will still drive as well as the others, and you will enjoy it like no other car. Thumbs Up

Good Luck in your search.

Post #243291 Sat Nov 21 2009 1:55pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I bought a new 85 plate MY09 Range Rover Sport. I didn't intend to buy the HSE as I thought the S would do with a few added extras. Then the sales guy at Guy Salmon Portsmouth urged me to look on Autotrader and see how many RRS I could find on there. THEN he said put in HSE to the search and you'll find that it doesn't cut the numbers down by very many. Hence, just about everyone buys the HSE spec (or higher). Therefore you will find it much hader to sell a non HSE. I saw his point and shelled out the extra for the HSE. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #243315 Sat Nov 21 2009 7:17pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1