RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Finally going to get that vibration sorted!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Supacat

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

redrover wrote:
That's the weird thing, I didn't notice any oil on the garage floor.

If a diff leaks slowly and especially when its hot you should be able to seea fine oil mist/spray pattern under the car. Sometimes if it's the rear diff you'll notice oil on the rear bumper. All you can do is pop your head underneath at regular intervals and check all is clean and dry.

redrover wrote:
Does anyone know the process for checking the diff oil level?

I don't know for sure on the RRS (yet to really get underneath mine) but on old models there is a fill/level plug that you can undo and check the level. However, as I said above any oil loss should be evidenced by mark on the outer diff casing and in the immediate surrounding area.

Post #240424 Sat Oct 17 2009 11:03am
redrover

Australia 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Thanks Supacat. This is the kind of thing I would do regularly on my old Alfas I used to own and it saved me a lot of grief in preventive maintenance. The only time I was ever stranded in one of the 7 Alfa's I owned (very old and new) was once when I ran out of petrol. I didn't expect to be having to do this kind of inspection on a 2.5 year old Range Rover Sad
After driving for a couple of days I can confirm the original resonance is still there before the bigger vibration occurred when backing off the throttle (now fixed). I am going to ask the dealer to look at the transfer case before it runs out of warranty. TDV6, MYO7 Java with Ivory leather, 19 inch wheels

Post #240437 Sat Oct 17 2009 12:53pm
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Things have progressed for me, and during this time I have been informed by a Senior Manager at Land Rover Australia, and by Land Rover Australia's regional technician that the Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 has a 'resonance' that you notice through the steering wheel at between 1600 and 1800 rpm's, and that it's "a charaterictic of the car".

This is not the ongoing problem/issue I have with my Range Rover Sport, but for those that notice it, according to Land Rover its part of the design of the car, and they won't do anything about it!

Post #241944 Wed Nov 04 2009 5:44am
diamond

Greece 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Alaska White

I have this vibration issue from time to time, cant recall now the rpms but it appears around 90-120km/h and only under acceleration. Initially I though it was from the flat spot on tires since my car stays a lot in the garage. But then I noticed it during a trip and when I asked LR to have a look on the alignment of the wheels they told me it's not a guarantee issue.

Is that true that wheel alignment is not covered by guarantee. My car is 5 months old and 12000 kms. 2009 Range Rover Sport 2.7 TDV6 SE, Alaska White, Almond leather, tinted windows, active rear diff, tow pack, HiICE, full spare: gone and already missed

2004 Fiat Panda 1.2 Climbing 4x4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAg4DdXAp7Y

Post #241948 Wed Nov 04 2009 8:57am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12