RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Knocking Noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

949BFN

South Africa 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White

1. I got the US version from the forum and gave that to them. The easiest excuse for not having to apply the SB, was obviously to use that as an excuse for not having to do it.
2. Thanks, I obviously did not read the bulletin properly myself. And obviously (probably the factory representative) told them to remove those, since that’s required the least effort.
3. Yes, I will get them to work through all those (but as you would have noticed, the dealer seems to be reluctant to solve the problem)
4. They said they have, but I don’t believe them. They did not even know about the latest one and tried to use a stupid excuse why not to apply it. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #232994 Sat Aug 08 2009 5:56am
Worzel

United Kingdom 
New Update on Knocking Noise Nonsense

The farm tractor as my accountant refers to it, cheeky sod drives a mondeo............

Is back in the dealer (Guy Salmon Stockport) on Monday for part 3 or is it 4 of the afore mentioned "NOISE"

They have very kindly agreed to change the suspension struts to see if this will cure it.

I shall ask, as your forum Scarecrow for a print out of parts used etc etc....

and post it, for all to see.

So fingers crossed..................lol, who am i kidding.....

Post #236047 Tue Sep 08 2009 11:21pm
949BFN

Report back: After some unpleasantness with my dealer about the continuous problem with the suspension (been dragging on for a year with at least 5 visits to the dealership to deal with the issue), my S/C went in about a month ago. Stayed with the dealer with a week during which time they apparently did (or redid) every single step of the latest bulletin. Three weeks and about 1,000km of driving and you will not believe this – the Range Rover is as quiet inside as the day it came of the showroom floor for the first time. After months and thousands of knocking and cracking noises, it feels like having a brand new vehicle. (Total distance covered : 55,000km). I’m in love with my RRS all over again and even though more than two years old, I enjoy every single trip in it once again.
Will report back if the problem returns.
Very Happy Mr. Green Thumbs Up 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #236048 Wed Sep 09 2009 5:52am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

..........let's hope it lasts for you Wink L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #236103 Wed Sep 09 2009 1:14pm
949BFN

Sad to report, it did not.
The day after boasting that my vehicle's knocking had been fixed, it returned - worse then ever. Since then, the vehicle went back to the dealer twice. First time, no improvement, second time (today), they managed to quiet it down once again. Currently, the knocking is gone again.
After the previous "fix", it returned in less than 1000km though. The bad news is that the workshop manager admitted to me this afternoon when picking up the RRS that from what he can see, the replacement parts don't differ from the original ones, so there is no hope that any fix will be permanent. 2010 Sport Supercharged with all options apart from TV and Extended leather (wish I had the latter) (Previously 2007 RRS S/C)

Post #237641 Tue Sep 22 2009 4:52pm
Leo

Kenya 

949BFN wrote:
the replacement parts don't differ from the original ones, so there is no hope that any fix will be permanent.

I was told the material used is different? Some people here have removed DR altogether.

Post #237645 Tue Sep 22 2009 6:17pm
mccalia1

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

So am I right in thinking the following fix does not work?

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic5669.html

I had the front suspension knocking sound and this resolved 90% though occasionally I can still here it but it's no where near as bad as it was. Gone: RRS : HSE : TDv6 : 57 : Java Black : Ebony : 20"

Post #237657 Tue Sep 22 2009 8:07pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12