RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > BAS Remap - WOW
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Vogue

one of the reasons I remain absolutely anon! and absolutely refuse to post pictures of myself, cars or property on the net - far too many burglaries and other crimes are committed due to info feely avaialble on the internet. Also there is a huge risk in ID theft from web sites where family and personal information is available like Friends Reushited etc.

What are the usual passwords, errrr, 1st School, fathers name, mother's maiden name, place of birth errr derrrrrrr doesn't take much to work it out...

Post #232805 Thu Aug 06 2009 2:34pm
Misery

United Kingdom 

will_wonka wrote:
Killerbob wrote:
...and a different price, and a different running cost Laughing

.....but with a far superior sound. As good as the TDV8 is and no doubt the new TT 3.0 V6 will be, it will never be a substitute for the Supercharged petrol. Never.

As for racing a Big Daddy........why? What exactly are you trying to prove in your inferior Range Rover Sport, never P Censored s off a family member Wink

Well said WW.

Why oh why not just go out and by the proper car in the 1st place. I'm sorry but I don't understand this power upgrade thing, by the right car for the job. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Post #232876 Thu Aug 06 2009 9:16pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey

If I had a SC and even if it was the 5.0 I would also upgrade it. Cool Just like I wanted to do on the Audi (which I sold to buy the RRS before I could lay hands on the Audi-engine) and this was a hell-fast car.

It's just like a boat which will always be one foot too short your car will always have just these 30hp too less, always! Mr. Green

MrsMcBunny had a customer a few days ago who had his Audi RS6's engine modified for the third time. He said "500 hp is too ordinary these days and since there are a lot of chipped Mercedes AMGs on the road with about 600 hp I just had to have 720!" Shocked I'm absolutely with him there, it's just never enough... Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #232914 Fri Aug 07 2009 10:01am
Killerbob

Switzerland 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I have never tried to compare a TDV8 and a SC. That's nonsense. However, for a heavy, (from standard) slow accelerating, big car, I hear the modified RRS is remarkably fast. In acceleration, and in top-speed. And, the fuel economy does not suffer:)

Just got back from a long road-trip yesterday, and it all worked wonders throughout 5K kilometers. The average mileage was around 11l/100km, including the large part driving on the Autobahn at 175km/hr. Even at this speed you feel a small kick when pressing the foot down and accelerating to 190km/hr. "Raced" plenty of FFRRs, Q7s, and Tourages, and got the better of most of them. Of course no RRS can stand up against the Mercs, the Audis, or the BMWs, that just zip by at >200km/hr.

The RRS felt very stable and secure though, even at top-speed, which is something a bit new for me, as my RXes never felt as rooted to the tarmac. Slight tremble at 140km/hr, but that was probably just tire pressure.

KB RRS TDV8, black with ivory.

Post #232922 Fri Aug 07 2009 10:17am
Josh

United Kingdom 

I remember when Misery wasn't too impressed that LR brought out the TDV8 that compromised the SC. Laughing

The SC is quick which is good............but fuel ecconomy is crap. Rolling with laughter

The TDV8 is also quick Cool .............with excellent fuel ecconomy Exclamation And if you are willing to take the risk, as quick or quicker than the 4.2 SC with better fuel ecconomy.

OK....the new 5.0 litre jobby will be very fast but in real world driving with more speed averaging cameras being installed every day you'll have to move to Germany to enjoy it. The fuel ecconomy is still crap.

Seems to me the Best car for the job and the Environment is a TDV8. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
Even Clarkson agrees with that, all be it in the FFRR. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #232924 Fri Aug 07 2009 10:21am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

The choice is always there.

I suspect most of us would like the SC, but have to go for the diesels due to the cost of fuelling the damn thing if they're the daily driver. I worked out once that if I owned an SC, it would cost me around £600/month just at the pump. If you're paying for your own fuel that's a hell of a lot of money.

As the TDV8 is such a good engine, it's still fun to drive. The current SC has always underperformed against the competition. The new SC will redress that balance and then the justification of buying it for being fast makes more sense....

Out of all the SC drivers here - who uses or would use them to do 30k a year in? Only a few I suspect... even WW has a 320d in his garage, I don't know how he lives with himself Whistle Wink 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #232931 Fri Aug 07 2009 10:47am
Misery

United Kingdom 

shmoogle wrote:
even WW has a 320d in his garage, I don't know how he lives with himself Whistle Wink

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked WHAT HE SHOULD BE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post #232936 Fri Aug 07 2009 11:45am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

...regardless of whether he's got a 320d or not Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #232938 Fri Aug 07 2009 12:04pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

@Shmoogle Laughing Should be gone by 2pm today with any luck - its being SOLD after 3 months Twisted Evil EDITED - SOLD!!!!!! Hoorah!!

@ Misery Ner Ner

@ Josh - "Seems to me the Best car for the job and the Environment is a TDV8" - what a load of old B Censored x, based on what exactly? purely irrelevant Co2 emissions? I guess your blocking out the carcinogenic particulates, NOx, carbon monoxide (CO) and total hydrocarbons (THC) found in diesel fumes...........better mpg YES, better for the environment, I think NOT. Evil or Very Mad L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Last edited by will_wonka on Fri Aug 07 2009 1:59pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #232939 Fri Aug 07 2009 12:27pm
McBunny

But at least it is a lot better for the own mind because at my mileage most of the time I would have to fill up the SC daily. Regardless of the costs it would drive me crazy if I had to stop every evening on my way home or getting out of the house 10 minutes earlier every morning to fill up some gas... Confused

And still: I would also have the s/c remapped Mr. Green which would lead to finally filling it up twice a day. Rolling Eyes RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #232947 Fri Aug 07 2009 1:26pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Well at the moment I'm averaging about 1300 miles a month at a cost of about £375 for premium diesel, which out of my mileage allowance that my employer pays leaves me about £50 which covers all my maintainance/tyres. So I've got a free commute in my own comfy TDV8. Very Happy

Now if I had the SC I'd probably be paying another £500 plus on top of that and be well out of pocket. Shocked

So the TDV8 wins for me as I only have one car on my drive. So only one set of exhaust emissions from this address is definately better for everyone. Thumbs Up

WW shame on you Whistle TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #232966 Fri Aug 07 2009 4:12pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

Yawn Ner Ner L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #232967 Fri Aug 07 2009 4:32pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

will_wonka wrote:
Yawn Ner Ner

Rolling with laughter TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone

Post #232969 Fri Aug 07 2009 5:06pm
McBunny

If it wasn't a warranty issue and in Germany also a legal issue and therefore means no insurance in case of an accident I would have ordered my own bas remap yesterday. Rolling Eyes Mr. Green Well, I would not have received it yet, of course, but I could already say that Pete is very polite and fast! Thumbs Up

If UPS is fast enough I will perhaps already be able to tell you, how it works and whether it is really as great as everybody says next week! Cool Well, only hypothetically, of course, since there would be legal and insurance issues if I remapped my RRS. Rolling Eyes Wink I can tell you, I am really looking forward to my remap - hypothetically. Whistle Mr. Green RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #233004 Sat Aug 08 2009 7:42am
bellautos

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

I think we can do some hypothetical testing on your car, and of course i hope hypothetically it suites your needs.
If you had of hypothetically orderd the BAS interface with remap then it would have left my office yesterday and hyothetically the parcel would track online as follows.
Which would suggest that UPS would probabaly hypothetically deliver on Monday.

08/08/2009 07:09 FRANKFURT, DE

Pete 

Post #233008 Sat Aug 08 2009 9:54am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>