RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Irritating squealing front wheel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MX

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Java Black
Irritating squealing front wheel

I have a problem with at least one of the wheels (and I think its the front) squealing and squeaking at low speed (thats the reason I have been driving fast so I cant hear it!)

I have no mechanical knowledge at all and the Stealer suggested it was either a pair of pads needed or pads and disks. Now I know that these can be noisy but I run my finger across the disk and there is no lip or groove that makes it look "bad" ...... could it be something simple before I take it into the dealer and they sting me for £300 as it is bound to have needed both pads and disks if they have the opportunity!!!

Any help appreciated RRS TDV6 SE Java Black +towpack +tintent +Permagrin

What a difference between this and my old Disco3
Formerly mxgeldar7

Post #231936 Mon Jul 27 2009 1:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I have heard of this before and assuming pads etc ok the it could be the pad(s) in the mounting.... I think there is a grease called something like copperease. ( i have some but not to hand) .... a metallic copper looking grease that should be smeared on the faces between the pad and the mounting........

There isn't much room for movement but enough i guess to cause vibration / friction between the faces under pressure....

Probably less that a fiver and a half hour job.... just keep it away from the pad and disc faces Rolling Eyes Whistle

Post #231940 Mon Jul 27 2009 2:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1