RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > DVD Installation help
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

P44RY C

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
DVD Installation help

Can anyone reccommend someone who is Censored hot with car electrics?

My car has a full DVD 6 disc changer set up, with screens fitted in the headrests and bluetooth headphones etc. The base unit is a Veba.

The problem I have is, when sold the car, the 6 disc cartridge that you load the dvd's into was missing. I thought it would be easy to source a cartridge. wrong. They dont do them anymore!!!

Be a typical cluless sod, I decided to purchase a single head unit by the same make, thinking that I can unplug one head unit and then just plug in the new one (as the connectors would be the same :huh: ) how wrong i was!

All connectors fit, except for the power lead. The power lead on the existing unit is hard wired, the new unit needs one connecting. I thought it would be easy for someone to cut the lead on the old unit and put the right connector on to power the new unit. I have been told this isnt the case and the main junction box needs locating. Whoever installed the original unit has done such a great job, that everything is well hidden and fitted, making it hard to just locate the junction box etc. arrgghhh.

This is now doing my head in. Any suggestions or anyone able to sort this for me for the right price?

Cheers lads.

Post #223491 Sun Apr 26 2009 7:35pm
Snowski

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

See the sponors of this forum, there are some that are specialized in audio/entertainment electronics.

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/sponsors.php

Good luck! Thumbs Up

Post #223497 Sun Apr 26 2009 9:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1