RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > Done - topic can be deleted... Thanks.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

McBunny

Germany 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Bonatti Grey
Done - topic can be deleted... Thanks.

Hi guys,

I am looking for some 17 or 18 inch wheels that will fit my RRS to put some AT tyres on them and use them as my offroad-tyres. (I'd prefer 18" due to the looks but if the price is good, I'm sure I could also live with 17". Wink )

Therefore the wheels need not be like new, of course they should not have any real damage (they should still be able to go 120 mph safely on the Autobahn Wink ) but some little scratches won't put me off. I would need a set of four or five wheels (six would be even better). Cool

Since I live in Germany it should be either possible to ship them to Germany or to box them so I can send some company to pick them up. But shipment is a problem we can solve as second, first please tell me if you have some wheels to sell! Thumbs Up

Thanks!

PS: If anybody has a set of wheels with AT-tyres (or MT-tyres) on them that will fit the RRS I would also like to hear from him or her! Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Last edited by McBunny on Fri Feb 06 2009 4:21pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #207952 Fri Jan 23 2009 4:16pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

AT Tyres = All terrain?

MT Tyres = most terrain, mud terrain, Margaret Thatcher?

Post #208028 Fri Jan 23 2009 6:10pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

Laughing Rolling with laughter 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #208030 Fri Jan 23 2009 6:11pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I have a set of standard LR 17" from a RRS 'S' which I bought for off roading but never got round to using as I scuffed my new 19"s and have kept them on.

They are just sitting in my garage, open to reasonable offers and I can easily ship to Germany or anywhere else in UK, Europe, WorldWide, states, japan etc, not a problem.

Post #209717 Tue Feb 03 2009 12:17am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

The aspect ratio of BFG ATR/MTRs is too high to fit in the wheel arch of the RRS and let you have full lock on the steering. I looked into them when I had my TDv6 and they just wouldn't fit. Pirelli have just bought out a new ATR in the UK which my tyre man says has become very popular with Disco owners as an every day tyre. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #209734 Tue Feb 03 2009 10:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
McBunny

@Tim:
Thanks for the hint. If I buy new tyres, I'll go for the Pirelli Scorpion ATR in the original RRS-size which are available in both, 18 and 17 inch, so there should be no problem, I guess. Cool

@Mr Bean:
I have no idea what these are worth, to be honest.

In fact, I'm thinking of keeping my very used but still fine for offroading 19 inch wheels and fit Pirelli Scorpion ATRs in Disco-size on them (which works fine but is not totally roadlegal over here... Whistle Wink ) since I won't get much when selling my 19" wheels as I know since yesterday. Confused
On the other hand the tyres for 17" wheels are a lot cheaper than those for the 19ers, so if your offer is really good, I may take it! Cool

So, how much is a reasonable offer including shipping to Germany? Question

Thanks! Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #209784 Tue Feb 03 2009 4:20pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

If you are looking at 17" wheels then BFG's might be OK and they make ATRs and MTRs that fitted Freelander1 - try asking Npinks' team over on www.freel2.co.uk 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #209797 Tue Feb 03 2009 6:03pm
npinks
Site Moderator

United Kingdom 

I don't believe FL2 wheels would fit the RRS, as we need a spacer/convertor thing to put RRS wheels on

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk/acatalog/M...er_2_.html

Post #209805 Tue Feb 03 2009 7:30pm
Mr Bean

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Bonatti Grey

I paid £450 from a dealer who had them on a second hand Sport 'S' before swapping for larger ones.

I'd accept a lower offer to get them out of my way. They are all good condition. Standard 17's as supplied on 'S' models.

I could offer them for £400 including shipping the 4 of them to Germany??

Post #209844 Wed Feb 04 2009 1:16am
McBunny

Hi Mr Bean,

thanks for the offer! Thumbs Up

That sounds good, however I'll have to check which tyres at what price I could get for them since I know meanwhile what little money I could get over here for my 19ers (there's no market in Germany, you don't find them and on the other hand you also can't sell them Rolling Eyes Confused ), perhaps I'll just stick with the 19ers on road tyres and buy a winch instead of offroad tyres! Laughing

I'll pm when when I thought about it.

Thanks. RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #209899 Wed Feb 04 2009 1:47pm
McBunny

Hi Mr Bean,

the offer is great, thanks.

However I decided to go the other way and not buy new rims. I will use my wheels with semi-legal offroad tyres instead, sorry.

Thanks anyway! For that price you should find a buyer soon... Thumbs Up RRS TDV6 HSE, 2006, bonatti grey, ebony interior, rear diff, s/c grille and vents, stormers, privacy, tasmods, iphone integration Wink

Post #210231 Fri Feb 06 2009 4:21pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1