RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Expecting parents, is the RRS a good choice?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

dazsear

England 

MAW wrote:
Lost me Daz - why are you using seatbelts on Isofix seats? Re the seatbelt fastener - do you have HST? Are the seats deeper then?

Sorry I might have confused things a little, my lad is now 9yrs old but still has an isofix seat.
The type that is used for kids from about 3-4yrs to about 12yrs.

These type of seats fit securely in the same way as any other isofix but use the cars original seatbelt which normally runs through one of the top courners of the seat.... mine is now a glorified booster seat since I have removed the seat back and just use the isofix seat base.

He is just tall enough to sit without one but prefers to sit up high to see the word around him, I think it makes the seatbelt work a little better too with him sitting higher.

As for the seats, the HST is identical to the HSE (I think) but they are designed is a way that the seat buckkles or clasps (what are they bloody called) sit flush with the seat for some reason.... no issue when using normally but not so easy to get at with any child booster seat fitted.

Daz 2017 4.4 Autobiography FFRR - love this car
Gone - VW T5 Transporter
Long gone - 2009 Disco
Long gone but never out of my thoughts - 2008 TDV8 HST

Post #207047 Tue Jan 20 2009 12:23pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ah - Thumbs Up

Post #207051 Tue Jan 20 2009 12:36pm
Frosty_Power

Canada 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Alaska White

We've got 2 little ones, 2.5 year and 3 months. Wife loves the vehicle, perfect size for our family, not too big, not too small. We also have a double stroller(the double wide one) and it fits in the back nicely along with all our other stuff.

Post #207221 Wed Jan 21 2009 6:01am
FAT_RRS

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

The D3 is bigger inside by far. I have 2 kids and one on the way. I sold my D2 way back when I had my second child because the car seat/carrier that is so common with newborns wouldn't fit back there without turning it sideways to get them into the back seat... I am hoping the RRS has more room... I know he disco does.

p.s. IF you can afford it, go with a s/c

Post #207333 Wed Jan 21 2009 6:21pm
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

FAT_RRS wrote:
The D3 is bigger inside by far. I have 2 kids and one on the way. I sold my D2 way back when I had my second child because the car seat/carrier that is so common with newborns wouldn't fit back there without turning it sideways to get them into the back seat... I am hoping the RRS has more room... I know he disco does.

p.s. IF you can afford it, go with a s/c

Hmm... You may have a problem fitting 3 kids on the RRS. 

Post #207340 Wed Jan 21 2009 6:43pm
Frosty_Power

Canada 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Alaska White

Our last vehicle was a D2 so I know the size comparision to the D3 is similar. My wife's complains on the D2 compared to the RRS was that the D2, even though bigger, was tougher for her to get the kids in/out since it was much higher and she really appreciates the RRS access mode. She doesn't need running boards to step on to get the kids in/out where as she needed to on the D2, tough when it's cold and snowing outside. Something to think about. Also, if you've got 3 kids, I'd say forget about the RRS and get a minivan Big Cry .

Post #207368 Wed Jan 21 2009 8:14pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

I always felt the RRS was small in comparison to its external dimensions - the D3 definitely feels a bigger car. The boot is also small - probably the smallest of any of similar 4x4's

Of course its all relative to what you are used too - compared to my 5 Series and Allroad, the RRS is much smaller

Just another point of view from an RRS fan Thumbs Up

Post #207372 Wed Jan 21 2009 8:20pm
mercuryl

United Kingdom 2009 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

RRS is a good choice ... but only if you have deep pockets. I've been mad for flipping years, absolutely years, over the edge for yonks.

Post #207398 Thu Jan 22 2009 12:36am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Good choice.

I bought a RRS one month prior to my daughter being born.
- We have a big buggy etc and haul our gear from city to city. Effortlessly comfortable over distance and can be fast. IS very safe too. But I always fill the boot right up.

The car is not as large on the interior as you might think. For example, we have a Maxi Cosi baby seat fitted and my 21 month year old can quite easily kick the dvd player mounted on the headrest stanchions. Point is that the front seat is quite think and takes up a lot of room. So has to be put uncomfortably forward to stop my daughter kicking the screen. So all I would say is, if you can, it might be worth getting integrated screens on the headrests. Though I wouldn't pay £1000 for that.

- Actually I've just had an idea that is both practical and supports the british car industry.

Everyone that has a baby should be given a Land Rover upon departure from the hospital. Practical and safe transport that guarantees jobs in the UK. Furthermore, it creates a new batch of tax payers! Thumbs Up 2022 P440e AB

Post #207421 Thu Jan 22 2009 9:34am
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Just a technical question here I think you have all gone off topic now ....................... the thread is titled "Expecting Parents" it doesn't say "expectant parents" - Cannot imagine any parents wanting/ needing an isofix child seat in the back. I'm single and I regularly carry my parents and siblings in my RRS and there are no complaints from them about lack of space or needing an RSE system.................................................... agreed by all though is that room in the RRS is not a patch on the space that was available in my FFRR Whistle Whistle

Ducks to avoid ridicule 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #207424 Thu Jan 22 2009 9:54am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You don't buckle your parents into their booster seats when you ship them around the place Tim? Laughing 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #207442 Thu Jan 22 2009 11:04am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12