Home > General > LR GFV Bombed to below 10k
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Theo_Pental

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey
LR GFV Bombed to below 10k

Eeeek

Have you seen the finance proposition on the Land Rover website for a new RRS
(Admittedly a poverty spec one - if a 36k car qualifies as poverty)

Guaranteed value at 3 years is under 10k

Im shocked

To be honest I was a bout to buy as I thought we have reached the trough but this is stunning

If LR themselves are this pessimistic then I really am scared

Cheers

Post #204695 Fri Jan 09 2009 5:33pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

CAP and Glass' dropped in Nov - Dec to well below 10k.. the LR site is just catching up.. its actually stabilising now to be fair! LR finance are just a little behind book.. don't be scared.. why would you be with a GFV?

Post #204710 Fri Jan 09 2009 6:13pm
Theo_Pental

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

kam100 wrote:
don't be scared.. why would you be with a GFV?

Easy one Kam Very Happy

Im using my own money

Converting almost 40k to under 10 in 3 years is usually my wifes job clothes shopping LOL

Post #204729 Fri Jan 09 2009 7:22pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Yeah know what you mean... but find another 4x4 that will be any better!?

Post #204808 Sat Jan 10 2009 1:20am
Lookers Park Royal

Re: LR GFV Bombed to below 10k

Theo_Pental wrote:
To be honest I was a bout to buy.

Theo, I've been waiting for this moment for months..... please don't dash my hopes now! Whistle

James Thumbs Up

Post #204839 Sat Jan 10 2009 9:35am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

Haha.. yeah but the new model may be out in 2012.. so it may effect residuals further? Very Happy Wink
It comes to a point where shopping around could be described as extreme..

If you need/want a RR Sport or any other 4x4 vehicle, there will be a price you'll be happy to pay for it at that particular point in time, and different people place less emphasis on how long they will spend searching, so each to their own. Some people by spending time looking for that cheaper car right then and there losing money on other stuff, so they would rather just pay what they think or feel a fair price at that point of time is.

Its hard to guage what a good price for rr sports/any other vehicle is compared to what they will be worth in future, as the values are always on a downward slope, but if you notice, most people who were waiting for the prices to bottom out, well all the ones i had on the books anyway, have all either moved on a car or are very close to doing so..

I would think TDV8's are rock bottom right now, and the prices for these just won't continue, as LR have slowed production, and dealers just aren't buying them in to sit around in stock anymore.. heading back to build to order, which should sort all this mess out to a degree! What do you think James about the TDV8 market and the rest of the market for that matter, still finding it hard to shift the pex's at good money, i don't know if you ever were, but other dealers i speak to a lot were saying this was the hardest issue for them..

Post #204932 Sat Jan 10 2009 9:18pm
Lookers Park Royal

TBH Kam we've not had a problem with the PX's or selling used RRS's as we are down to one on the forecourt which is not good at all. I think sponsoring this site helps with our flow of new and used RRS's and at the moment we have more enquiries than we have cars, but I can't speak for everyone. I have the problem of not having stock as opposed to not being able to move it! The only issue is what people are prepared to pay for them, as it's sometimes less than I can buy them for which creates a bit of a stalemate!

I need some stock! If anyone has anything suitable then I am willing to pay good money!

James Thumbs Up

Post #204936 Sat Jan 10 2009 10:18pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I am up for a swap i fancy a V8 - what will you gve me for mine Whistle Laughing

Post #204938 Sat Jan 10 2009 10:31pm
Lookers Park Royal

Question Question Question ...... Shocked ...... Whistle

Post #204965 Sun Jan 11 2009 12:21pm
XXXAngelXXX

Germany 

MAW wrote:
I am up for a swap i fancy a V8 - what will you give me for mine Whistle Laughing

+1 / James i fancy an SC Smile 
L 405 2013 FFRR 5.0 SC
--------------------------------------------------------------
WINNER - 2009 �Best Avatar� Award
WINNER - 2009 Comedian Of The Year Award

Post #204972 Sun Jan 11 2009 12:44pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
TBH Kam we've not had a problem with the PX's or selling used RRS's as we are down to one on the forecourt which is not good at all.

No mate, i meant with other stuff you get coming through.. all the Audi's, Bmw's, and other less desirable cars, like Porsche Cayenne's... which trade people in general would rather eat their own poo rather then put on their forecourt it seems.

Obviously selling LR's for you isn't a problem, being a LR dealer no less, but all other dealers we have contact with, have issues with other traders and dealers not wanting stock which is coming in as pex.. if you haven't had this issue, im going to be offering all the part ex's to you in future i think.. Thumbs Up

By the way, thanks for the offers on the two sports.. You're bid for the 56 plate, was £2k shy of what we got elsewhere on a pex bid, so thats fair enough as you did say you had nothing to put the guy into currently, and for a straight buy in with no pex, that was a fair price i think.

For the 07 plate... you don't even want to know the reaction i had to the price.. Wink But thats not you, its just the market position of the car thats upset him more.. so think he's going to keep it a short while, until we see another well priced TDV8 to get him into..

Post #205001 Sun Jan 11 2009 8:27pm
Sheffield Jase

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

I would get a tdv8, but the price to change was way too great, I paid 47k on 20/12/07 for my new 57 plate HSE , and was offered 25k against a nearly new TDV8 in Nov 08. Like many others I feel this was 5k shy of where it needed to be to make a deal so I am just sitting and waiting, my car can not drop a furthur 25k in the next year surely? 08 HSE,5%TINTS, Factory tow bar, brum ,brum

Post #205006 Sun Jan 11 2009 8:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1