RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > For Sale & Wanted > RR SPORT TDV8 HSE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Hooky

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

Sorry guys, these prices don't reflect the credit crunch! Buyers think of a low offer, take £2k off and wait for the dealers to come back. I bought mine below Glasses guide trade price. It is a buyers market at the mo! Very Happy

Post #204002 Wed Jan 07 2009 6:41pm
Lookers Park Royal

Hooky, my example wasn't an offer, it was an example of what has just been sold. Ours was sold on Saturday and delivered on Monday...... and we now only have 1 used RRS in stock! Need to generate some stock fast!

James Thumbs Up

Post #204004 Wed Jan 07 2009 6:43pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hooky

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Santorini Black

James. That's great then 'cause it means I got a real bargain! Thumbs Up I am waiting for a real lack of supply and the RRS prices to go back up again and my car can appreciate whilst my house drops like a stone Big Cry A 1 year old tdV8 for mid 30's is a lot of car for the dosh Very Happy

Post #204005 Wed Jan 07 2009 6:50pm
Lookers Park Royal

Unnecessary quote removed

It is quite interesting that you say that because I was chatting to another forum member last night about car prices and specifically RRS. I believe that the trade had previously panicked more than was necessary and now we find ourselves with very little stock out there and a large number of owners (such as yourself) who bagged a bargain. I am really struggling to find enough stock at the moment (usually we run with 10-15 RRS in stock) and we are down to just one. I am now having to bid strong money for stock, and the feeling I get is that I need to be even stronger........ Obviously this ultimately gets pushed up the line in terms of the asking price. Even the Glass's Guide has been kind, when usually the drop between the December of a prior year and the January of a new year is generally one of the biggest drops. I really do feel that things are now leveling out and that the market has found it own level.

So, if you're lucky and the shortage continues (can I add that even Land Rover UK have no used ex-HQ RRS to sell the dealer network, but plenty of everything else), then you may be able to sell it for more than you bought it for!!

James Thumbs Up

And yes, as far as I can see values going, you did indeed bag a bargain. Thumbs Up

Post #204007 Wed Jan 07 2009 7:02pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
kam100

United Kingdom 

James, i agree with you on this, and was having exactly the same conversation earlier with another LR Dealer..
THere is literally nothing around, Vogue wise, at the prices people want to spend as stuff they have heard about or seen.. so i think LR's choke hold on the old stock pipeline is doing the trick.. go back to building to order i say! takes forever to get a car, but at least everyone's residual values are safe..

Want our stornoway grey RRS TDV6 James?
Every time you say you want stock i offer it to you, and we never quite meet.
Make me an offer, its ivory interior, 20", sidesteps, RSE, SC bits, Privacy, perfect RRS.

May be a swapper, may not, depends what you can tempt us with TDV8 wise, but i know there is shortage of stock once again, so we'll never win!

Post #204010 Wed Jan 07 2009 7:11pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

In the last week ive watched transporter 3, quantum of solace and rock and rolla. All with plenty of RRS presence! These people must be going from cinema to dealership. Very easy to do in CHPR case since its next door Laughing Laughing .

Post #204011 Wed Jan 07 2009 7:12pm
Lookers Park Royal

Unnecessary quote removed

Alfie,

If only! They have a choice of left for Land Rover, right for Renault, on straight ahead for Aston Martin!

Kam,

You're in the trade..... Email me with what deal you want (either to swap for a new TDV8 or to buy the TDV6 outright) and if I can do it the we both win!

James Thumbs Up

Post #204019 Wed Jan 07 2009 7:47pm
Lookers Park Royal

Should we remove the "quote" option? Why the sudden spring clean? Are we running out of cyber real-estate? Off topic I know but first time (knowingly) that I've had a post Modded, however just scored a hatrick! Laughing

Post #204034 Wed Jan 07 2009 8:39pm
Theo_Pental

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Charles Hurst Park Royal wrote:
The money is about right. We sold our 08.5my demo on Saturday for £43000.... 58 plate 4,000 miles, Java Black, Shadow Chrome 20" Wheels (from 09my), steps, privacy, RSE, sunroof, hybrid TV, colour coded grille and vents, ipod connectivity, Tracker, mats, mudflaps, rrsport.co.uk sticker etc etc etc

James Thumbs Up

James

Thanks for the honesty - as always

All I can say is that Londoners must still have more money than sense or else just be so desperate to get into a TDV8 they can only wait 48h between making the decision and driving

The above are in the context of new UK cars being freely advertised at 43k and 44k from 2 different UK brokers
Cars from both being delivered from LR dealers

Cheers

Theo

Post #204730 Fri Jan 09 2009 7:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12