RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > carstylingstudio Request Gallery Images
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

carstylingstudio

United Kingdom 
carstylingstudio Request Gallery Images

Announcing the new web site for Range Rover Sport Body Styling from carstylingstudio. www.west1styling.com is the new brand from www.carstylingstudio.com. we invite members to e mail images of their RR Sport's for adding to our new owners gallery . All images welcome. Please e mail them to sales@carstylingstudio.com . Interesting location shots especially welcome worldwide. Thank you for your support. carstylingstudio RR Sport Forum sponsors.

Post #195681 Tue Nov 11 2008 2:39pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BigMat

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Cack website ...could not open anything ! 19.1 mpg..who gives a fluck?

Post #196731 Wed Nov 19 2008 1:34am
Murdered out

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

BigMat wrote:
Cack website ...could not open anything !

that has to be the worst website interface I've ever dealt with, less is more when it comes to websites. Thats not including nothing working either. 

Post #197058 Sat Nov 22 2008 8:41am
WT

United States 2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Interesting notes left by the designer on the "Links" page... I'm guessing this site is very, very new (as in beta) and hopefully the bugs get worked out. I'm also guessing that the company is "smaller" and trying a new venture/line of business so understandably there'll be some challenges. Kudos to them for the initial effort; they could probably benefit from some contructive criticism and/or help improving (although it is fun to watch a public flogging)...

That said... I really dislike the mouse-driven scrolling and the menus - too much back and forth... what a pain. Also would be a good investment to get a high-res camera and train someone to use it. The pencil drawing of the UDI Q7 is a turn-off - if you're going to do concept art it should as close to top-notch as you can get - take a look at some of the stuff automotive design students are creating at: http://www.cardesignnews.com/site/home/

Actually I just looked at the IbherDesign website... now that's really bad stuff! 1989 is calling and wants its cutting edge stuff back! Rolling Eyes

Couple of marketing tips (I like you guys, really):
- Figure out exactly who your target audience is and concentrate your efforts on them.
- Taking "broad strokes" and plastering your company everywhere may do more harm than good - ex: this board, where your products may be less than well received (at least by some and they may be the more vocal crowd).
- Determine what you're really in the market selling: Are you an auto parts & accessories company or a "lifestyle and design" company? This is probably the most overlooked, yet simple, thing.
- Look at a variety of similar websites and see what you like or don't like, then work with your web designer on crafting exactly what you want - don't let someone else have complete direction on an important channel such as a website. If web is going to be your primary channel for generating interest/sales (it will definitely serve to help communicate/reinforce your brand) then make sure you're allocating the proper budget to support quality efforts.
- Align your perspective with an "outside-in" view, meaning look at your business and marketing efforts through the eye of your clients: what do they see, their perceptions, expectations, desires. Listen objectively to what they say and adapt your business to meet those wants. Is your business a catalog of automotive parts or does it envoke the "gotta have it" response?

Sorry if any of this is redundant to what you might already know - not my intention to come off as patronizing - I do see so many small businesses that have potential but don't have the benefit of depth of marketing experience. Best regards...

Post #197433 Tue Nov 25 2008 4:50pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

WT - excellent post Bow down

Post #197441 Tue Nov 25 2008 6:15pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1