RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > A few more scratches added today
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 3 <123

dcc

Guernsey 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I did modify my RRS which is a TDV8.

I added a second battery. I added a Tunit which increases bhp and torque. I installed Rock Sliders (from the US) and had a sump guard made. I added a Roof Rack. I changed the wheels and tyres and took a set o 6 - 4 on the vehicle and 2 spares. I took a pile of spare parts.

With these additions plus camping equipment the extra weight was quite considerable.

The whole trip was 4000 miles which according to the trip computer I did at an average of 23 mpg so I reckon the fuel cost was a good £700.

It was a great trip. Great scenery. Great company. Great car. Great airconditioning.

We only had 3 problems:
1. on the salt plains which are driven at speed and which are full of bumps and riuts we briefly became airborne. The landing was so hard it caused an egg in one of the tyres.
2. we had to change the airfilter half way through
3. if you wanted to drive at off-road setting you have a maximum speed of 30 mph. Across some sand plains (maybe a 100 miles long) you could only do it in 3 and a half hours (at 29 mph) wheras everyone else wanted (and could) to do it at 50 mph.

One point worth noting is that the route did not really test any of the vehicles to their full potential. It was a route a novice would be happy with (that was us). Next time we want something more obstacle oriented.

Post #192432 Sun Oct 19 2008 8:23am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 3 <123