RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > integrated bluetooth after the fact
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

flydive wrote:
Agree, the Parrot is the system to go as aftermarket (well as 1st equipment too on the RRS Wink ) I had the 3100 on my previous RRS, way better than the LR one.

The RK8200 looks like a really nice kit. Thumbs Up

I agree but you would have difficulty fitting in a RRS

Post #192160 Thu Oct 16 2008 2:46pm
Frosty_Power

Canada 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Alaska White

Bobby wrote:
flydive wrote:
crowej wrote:
flydive wrote:
Go with an aftermarket product like Parrot, 10 times better than the LR one.

thanks, does that give you the option to dial via the radio ? or does the LR kit even do that ?

No the Parrot is a separate module, you select the contacts on it.

With the LR kit you can dial via the radio, kind of, you can select the first letter of the contact on the keypad but then you have to scroll through the contacts with the selection wheel(or the switches on the steering wheel).

What you do not get with the LR kit, at least with the Nokia 95 and for what i can see most of the headsets, are multiple numbers per contact, call history(dialled, received).

No, with the LR Kit you only get Bluetooth, Handsfree and Voice Recognition, which is useless! You cannot dial via the radio, although the radio will go silent during a call. No keypad use also!

Its not the same as the the factory fitted phone system.

Hmmm....I just purchased an '06 and was playing with the bluetooth last night to try and get my BB paired up. It pairs up and I can dial thru the radio with the keypad. It worked on my phone and the radio does go silent. I hit the green phone button on the steering wheel and type the number on the keypad, it was working great for me. Could not transfer contacts but thats been posted several times.

Post #192225 Fri Oct 17 2008 12:25am
umbertob

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Chawton White

Frosty_Power wrote:
Bobby wrote:

No, with the LR Kit you only get Bluetooth, Handsfree and Voice Recognition, which is useless! You cannot dial via the radio, although the radio will go silent during a call. No keypad use also!

Its not the same as the the factory fitted phone system.

Hmmm....I just purchased an '06 and was playing with the bluetooth last night to try and get my BB paired up. It pairs up and I can dial thru the radio with the keypad. It worked on my phone and the radio does go silent. I hit the green phone button on the steering wheel and type the number on the keypad, it was working great for me. Could not transfer contacts but thats been posted several times.

That's how the factory PTI system (now standard on every trim here in North America, but it was a US$400 option on MY06s and may still be optional on some trims in other markets) works with a paired BT phone. Bobby is referring to the dealer installed Bluetooth-only "integration" kit, which doesn't quite offer the same level of integration as the factory installed system. 

Post #192233 Fri Oct 17 2008 7:21am
crowej

Ireland 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

is there any way to fit the factory fit bluetooth aftermarket ?

Post #192334 Fri Oct 17 2008 3:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12