RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Roading & Green Laning > Advice please on oversize mud tyres on 17" rims
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Woodspointer

Australia 
Advice please on oversize mud tyres on 17" rims

Hi guys,

Has anybody tried mounting 265/70 R17 mud tyres on a RRS? The tyres I am looking at are 31.9" in diameter and I know the US guys run oversize tyres with only slight rubbing at approx 31.5" diameter 285/60 R18. The rims I'm looking at have 10mm less offset than standard so I am thinking this should help a bit. Also does anyone know if the US models all come standard with dynamic pack (auto disconnecting sway bars)? Mine doesn't which should restrict slightly my wheel travel when off road compared to US which should also help with less rubbing. Thanks in advance for your feedback and advice guys.
Cheers..

Post #190329 Wed Oct 01 2008 2:09pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Wow. Shocked Welcome to the forum Woodspointer.

All of that sounds really technical, I'm not sure if you will find the answers to your questions on here.

Have you tried looking on our sister site www.disco3.co.uk ? They have a whole section dedicated to wheels and tyres. I'm sure someone on there will be able to help out. Thumbs Up Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #190339 Wed Oct 01 2008 2:59pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1