RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Aftermarket wheels and dealer altering pressures in service
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver
Aftermarket wheels and dealer altering pressures in service

So, I have 22" overfinch supersports which according to overfinch, should be at 4 psi over the standard 20's

Car went for a service (another thread exists with those issues) but went for my weekly fill up after this service and noticed that all 4 tyres were low. Actually, all 4 tyres were spot on the pressures listed on the door. So, is it just a miracle that all 4 tyres lost 4 psi each in a week, or did the dealer check the pressures on the clearly aftermarket wheels and let air out until they matched the door card details

I guess what I am asking, is this - during the service I assume tyre pressures were checked, and despite the wheels clearly being non standard, they knowingly let air out of all 4 of my tyres....or is this not checked in a service, and genuinely all 4 tyres have lost pressure and i need 4 new tyres..

Post #189117 Sun Sep 21 2008 10:24pm
bermyandy

2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Zermatt Silver

guess im alone on this then......!

Post #189332 Tue Sep 23 2008 12:18pm
640Newton

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

In my experience it's pretty standard for the servicing clones to perform every task to the manufacturers specifications, and tyre pressure is just one of those jobs.

I've had both Audi and Land Rover do exactly as you've described with the tyres despite me asking them when dropping off the car to inflate the tyres to a certain level. I guess they're trying to cover there own arse by inflating to what the manufacturer says, even when it's clearly not correct for aftermarket wheels. 2008 TDV8, Stornoway Grey with Alpaca premium leather, Adaptive cruise, Adaptive Bi-xenons, sunroof, Premium Nav, Premium ICE Logic 7, telephone, active locking rear diff, console coolbox, seat memory, powerfold mirrors, tow pack, window tint, dual battery, engel fridge, Goodyear Mud-Terrain tyres.

Post #189405 Wed Sep 24 2008 7:20am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1