RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Poor dealer service after purchasing 2 new TDV8 HSE's
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Undy

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lugano Teal
Poor dealer service after purchasing 2 new TDV8 HSE's

Hello All. Have had a good read of some of the great stuff posted on the forum. I have now taken delivery of my TDV8 HSE but have had quite poor service from my dealer so thought I would join and enlighten you all. Myself and my dad both ordered new TDV8's and collected them on Saturday last. Not only were the cars a week late in delivery but mine was dirty on the inside and my Dad's had the wrong steering wheel fitted. It was missing the speech, phone and ASC buttons. We contacted the dealer today and after an inital promise they would call back -nothing. We eventually chased 4 hours later and established that a new steering wheel was on order. We feel that the dealer really does'nt care now that they have our money. It is a shame that such a great car can be let down by the local support. The only winning move is not to play

Last edited by Undy on Mon Sep 15 2008 10:26pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #188347 Mon Sep 15 2008 8:53pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

You have a lot of leverage buying one never mind two - the warranty provides huge support so if the dealer isn't listening deal with the DP or raise with CS.

Post #188350 Mon Sep 15 2008 9:13pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

The wrong steering wheel was also fitted to my friends HSE, he did not even notice untill he was giving me a lift one day! Anyway, took 2 weeks to change as HSE wheel with ACC controls etc was not available from the factory. Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #188367 Tue Sep 16 2008 7:37am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

You do wonder how this sort of stuff passes QA at the factory.... mine came with the wrong grab handles, or they were fitted the wrong way around - I forget now, but either way it was a silly mistaka-to-make-a! 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #188389 Tue Sep 16 2008 9:28am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 
Re: Poor dealer service after purchasing 2 new TDV8 HSE's

Undy wrote:
Hello All. Have had a good read of some of the great stuff posted on the forum. I have now taken delivery of my TDV8 HSE but have had quite poor service from my dealer so thought I would join and enlighten you all. Myself and my dad both ordered new TDV8's and collected them on Saturday last. Not only were the cars a week late in delivery but mine was dirty on the inside and my Dad's had the wrong steering wheel fitted. It was missing the speech, phone and ASC buttons. We contacted the dealer today and after an inital promise they would call back -nothing. We eventually chased 4 hours later and established that a new steering wheel was on order. We feel that the dealer really does'nt care now that they have our money. It is a shame that such a great car can be let down by the local support.

Refuse the cars...simple. That way you are guaranteed a quick turnaround.

Get DP involved, get LR dissatisfaction involved, get P Popham involved........you are the innocent party here and therefore it needs sorting pronto.

In today's economic climate there is no place for shoddy service, period. Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #188421 Tue Sep 16 2008 12:48pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Really makes you wonder how thorough the PDI was when the dealership doesn't pick up something as basic as the car not meeting the spec...................................... you need to contact LR customer services and let them know asap how shoddy the dealer has been.

Undy we have a section for naming and shaming dealers (also for praising them when things go according to plan or even better than expected!) please post their name so we all know to avoid them 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188424 Tue Sep 16 2008 1:57pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Undy

2009 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lugano Teal

We picked the cars up on Saturday, had the hassle of contacting them on Monday, but the car was collected at 0730 on Tuesday and returned at 1700 the same day with the wheel replaced. Good response really just a shame that it happened in the first place. Like you've mentioned where is the quality control, it must have been inspected at least twice - factory and dealer. The only winning move is not to play

Post #188688 Wed Sep 17 2008 10:20pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1