RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ChrisH

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red
Dealers

You'd think they'd treat current customers as well as possible at the moment considering how many cars are flying off the showroom floors.

Took the Sport in for a new p/s rack this morning, 2nd time I've had to go back with this problem as they were sure it would just be wheel ballance. In at 8:35 and things start to go down hill. The Courtesy car, or even Dis-courtesy car is a TDV6 GS 08' plate Disco, not complaining nice enough car. The problem is, its plastered in mud on the outside and inside the back seats are covered in crisps and tissue and the floors with more mud and grass. Start the engine and the range reads 7 miles... yes 7 miles. So I tiptoe to the petrol station and fill up.
40 minutes later I get a phone call. We're sorry the rack was sent back by the parts department by mistake we'll have to get another one in. Neutral

Its not a massive issue I know, but when I handed over £50k 8 months ago, I was told courtesy cars are like for like whenever possible. I've had quite a bit of warranty work done now and not once had anything more than a Freelander or Disco. Now I've recieved this (mums pram) I'm just a little miffed.

What do you guys normally get to pootle around in when your Sports at the dealers?

Rant over, just needed to get that off my chest. Censored

Should have said, Its a good 120 miles round trip to the dealer in question too.

Post #188579 Wed Sep 17 2008 2:25pm
leedsunited

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Sorry mate but i would have taken it back and said Censored clean it Censored fill it and when mine is finished bring it to me and collect the courtesy car yourselves Thumbs Up

Post #188584 Wed Sep 17 2008 2:42pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I never had another RRS from a dealer as a courtesy car, I don't think.... it was either a Disco or something completely unrelated like a Honda Civic or something. It's the same with most dealers though I think... it costs them a lot of money to run a fleet of courtesy cars. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #188613 Wed Sep 17 2008 3:39pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

The only dealer I've always been treated well at for loaners has been Shrewsbury AUDI - in fact one time I took my A2 in and was given an S4 for the day - of course I drove like a Saint, however had to check the 0-60 times and did manage to use £20's worth of fuel in 20miles while taking it back Whistle

Otherwise, every other dealer I have dealt with has never really been interested in me after I'd bought the car. VW are the one of the worst imo - they always try to give me a Lupo or similar

Post #188617 Wed Sep 17 2008 3:54pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

Try being told you are too young to have the car you own......I bought a bmw 325 coupe 56 plate new, the 1st coupe in the country, but I couldnt test drive 1 as I was 23....when I went in for service I was given a 116.....now at 25 I only just qualify to drive an RRS under Stratstones insurance but couldnt at the time of purchase when i was still 24! Big Cry

Post #188620 Wed Sep 17 2008 4:20pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Jonny Fresh wrote:
Try being told you are too young to have the car you own......I bought a bmw 325 coupe 56 plate new, the 1st coupe in the country, but I couldnt test drive 1 as I was 23....when I went in for service I was given a 116.....now at 25 I only just qualify to drive an RRS under Stratstones insurance but couldnt at the time of purchase when i was still 24! Big Cry

great policy - your far too young to be driving fast expensive cars young lad Wink

Post #188621 Wed Sep 17 2008 4:26pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Listers Audi - Coventry Thumbs Up

I Just give them a call - for whatever reason & always get something different to what I am driving... they know how to tempt me. As Mrs MDP is contemplating trading in her 3.2TT [ her 4th TT ] - they gave me a new A5 3.0tdi quattro to try.... must say , very Q car for a diesel , but it was mated to a manual gearbox and this engine is best suited to the tiptronic. [ I should know ] - prior to this we had a Q7 3.0tdi for a few days FOC to try - but that's underpowered for me - but wifey found it perfect for her Confused but its just tooooo big!

I think i've had most things off them as a courtesy car in the past. I'm now looking at an S8.... sod the dog Whistle 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #188623 Wed Sep 17 2008 4:32pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

If the RRS goes in, I normally get nothing as I hop into my FL2......on the odd occassion I have had a replacement, it has always been FFRR or RRS.....but once I got a FL2 which p Censored d me off....but hey, and as Victor Kayan or whatever his name was from Remington said.....I liked it so much, I bought the company (well, a RRS younger brother) Whistle Whistle

When the FL2 went in recently, I got a Disco 3 GS with cloth Shocked ....still a nice Tonka toy, even though people looked at me as if I was about to try and sell them pegs Whistle Thumbs Up L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #188665 Wed Sep 17 2008 6:12pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

MDP wrote:
Listers Audi - Coventry Thumbs Up

I Just give them a call - for whatever reason & always get something different to what I am driving... they know how to tempt me. As Mrs MDP is contemplating trading in her 3.2TT [ her 4th TT ] - they gave me a new A5 3.0tdi quattro to try.... must say , very Q car for a diesel , but it was mated to a manual gearbox and this engine is best suited to the tiptronic. [ I should know ] - prior to this we had a Q7 3.0tdi for a few days FOC to try - but that's underpowered for me - but wifey found it perfect for her Confused but its just tooooo big!

I think i've had most things off them as a courtesy car in the past. I'm now looking at an S8.... sod the dog Whistle

MDP - Drove one of those TT's at the weekend.......personally thought it was terrible in all aspects. TBH I was shocked with the interior and found the drive to be oh so boring. Also drove a Honda S2000.....now that is a lot of fun Surprised L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #188666 Wed Sep 17 2008 6:14pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1