RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > LHD RR Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

scott_fred

2008 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black
LHD RR Sport

Does anyone have any recommendations of where to buy a LHD RR Sport in the UK.

Want a TDV8 or a 4.4 Petrol model, in Black. Preferably 0 Miles and New.

Post #188284 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:10pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Why buy in the UK - availability and prices better in mainland Europe. 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #188285 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:13pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

If you must buy in the UK, speak to forum sponsor Charles Hurst Park Royal.... but the UK market does not have 4.4 petrols any longer. Info on the Sponsors Page. 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #188286 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:19pm
scott_fred

Availability may be better in Europe but prices for LHD are much better in UK, especially as I am Euro bound with no Sterlingo.

I also want UK Plates and don´t want to go to all the trouble of transferring over to UK plates.

Post #188287 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:33pm
MAW

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you look on fleabay there appears to be a LHD company Confused loads listed....

Post #188288 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:46pm
scott_fred

Yeh, thanks MAW.

I know of this company which advertises on Ebay, I almost bought a car from them then got warned off by someone who told me to research a little, they have some incredibly cheap cars but apparently they stitch everyone up from what I was reading about them - take deposits then no car delivered etc etc, wait months to get deposit back etc etc, if ever..... Got to admit, it was damn tempting as they seem to be very responsive, helpful and professional but the stuff I read about them sent me running the other direction.

This is why I wanted to have someone recommended. Almost just bought one from a company called Oakleaf, and it was a great deal (brand new V8 4.4l, 40KGBP thats only 50K€ to me........), but then it was sold from under me..... Just quite not quick enough to get my deposit down ...

Thanks for the answer though.

Post #188290 Mon Sep 15 2008 1:55pm
peacemf

why dont you just go in person, and pay the deposit etc in person, and take the car the same day, otherwise walk away (at least in the case of the ebay think)

Post #188291 Mon Sep 15 2008 2:51pm
Bodster2

Portugal 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Lucerne Green

I bought my LHD range rover sport from a company called oakleaf. Website www.oakleaf.net. Really happy with it and the service I got. Do NOT go anywhere near The TT Centre (www.ttcentre.com) or LHD car company! I can speak through experience!

Post #188292 Mon Sep 15 2008 3:04pm
scott_fred

Would do, but that is the problem - They ain´t got the cars in their stock, they source them from all over Europe (and the USA as well actually - even cheaper) and reckon they get a huge trade discount which enables them to get you a better price.

They say you have to pay them the deposit, then they order the Car, then you can pay the dealer the balance when the Car is picked up......

I was just about to send them a deposit on a 50K€ car, then someone told me to be careful and research a little bit as they knew of this company. I did, and almost Censored myself when I read a bit about them - Lots of lots of reports, and all very bad, got worse as I continued reading more.

Point is that anyone who would be prepared to sent them a deposit after what I read, well, they would have to be Looney.

Tempting though it was for a period, I think "Too good to be true" springs to mind.

Post #188293 Mon Sep 15 2008 3:05pm
scott_fred

Hello Boster,

Glad you said that about Oakleaf..... That was who I nearly bought a car from this morning - It was sold from underneth me though... BOOHOO.

Oakleaf do indeed seem to be a very professional and responsible outfit - So far they have come up impeccably - Bit sad the car fell through this morning with them.

Thanks for your comment though. Gonna hope that they can find me another one, only a matter of time...

Just thought I would ask on here, to see if there were positive responses about any other companies out there.

Cheers.

Post #188294 Mon Sep 15 2008 3:08pm
Bodster2

Portugal 2008 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Lucerne Green

It's worth worth waiting a while for them to source you the car you want. I bought a LHD 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged from them 3 a few months ago with 9000 miles on the clock for £35K. I haven't seen anything around for that price recently. As I said, service was great and I'm really happy with the car.
The good thing about them is that they don't try to sell you a car that may not even exist like the LHD Car Company and The TT Centre.

Post #188296 Mon Sep 15 2008 3:15pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

You can order UK spec LHD cars from any UK LR dealer for export to Europe - several members have done so. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188339 Mon Sep 15 2008 6:45pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Tim in Scotland wrote:
You can order UK spec LHD cars from any UK LR dealer for export to Europe - several members have done so.
Thumbs Up
Got it from MacRae & Dick in Inverness, and much cheaper to purchase, and insure in the UK.
My first year is up at the end of the month. Insurance is £385 fully comp, best quote in Belgium was €2400 Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #188357 Mon Sep 15 2008 11:56pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Al, you have a UK address to insure from but do others? I don't know if anybody is aware but if you insure with Land Rover insure the cover includes UNLIMITED European cover - ie you can drive for as long as you like outside the UK but in Europe. As Al says £385 annual premium too.

This year I was considering changing insurers as I don't need the offroad cover on the RRS any longer. After a lot of searching I couldn't find anybody offering the same cover who didn't also require a Tracker AND 2-3 x the premium that LR insurance asked. LRI also promise that your car will be repaired at a Land Rover approved repair shop with genuine parts, the likes of Dorectline and eSure want to send your pride and joy to the nearest backstreet cheepo repairer these days. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #188395 Tue Sep 16 2008 9:44am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1