RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > PLEASE HELP!! CEL, & Car Shuts Down on HWY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ballistik8

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
PLEASE HELP!! CEL, & Car Shuts Down on HWY

My girlfriend has a Range Rover Sport Supercharged 07, and it has 30,000 miles on it. We have taken the car to the dealership and to another well-respected Range Rover repair shop for this single (possibly simple) problem, and they are yet to diagnose it.....

When driving at 60-80 MPH on the highway (only on the highway, not around the city), the car will lose power and the ECU reads: "DECREASED ENGINE PERFORMANCE" The car will then go into a sort of limp mode, and will not let you accelerate. When you press the gas, there is no response from the engine, the rpm's rev to about 3-4K, but there is no acceleration. I KNOW it is not a Transmission problem, because the car switches gears and performs like new when you restart it. The temporary solution to the problem is to pull over, cut the engine off, restart the car, and accelerate away through all of the gears (to make sure that it is running ok). To me it sounds like it is an ECU defect, or a loose hose somewhere. The last time it happened, my girlfriend said that it completely pulled all of the cars power when she was on the highway.

This occurs sporadically, and the ECU clears the Check Engine Light code almost immediately (within 40-90 miles). The mechanic has tried driving the car until the problem happens, and it throws the code...but he had no luck.

It is at another shop right now, and I'm waiting to hear back...If anyone has ANY INFORMATION about this issue, please email me at ballistik8@yahoo.com, or post.

Thanks for your time-

Billy

Post #174832 Mon Jun 30 2008 6:08am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

This is not an uncommon fault. Easiest attempt at solving is simply to do a soft reset of the car... lock, unlock, lock, unlock and start the engine. This clears any gremlins out of the ECUs and control units and has been reported to work on occasion.

Otherwise it could be due to a wiring fault in a loom somewhere... and only the dealer can take the time to do that sufficiently well really. Good luck Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #174858 Mon Jun 30 2008 8:33am
wozzer

England 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Zambezi Silver
maybe a gearbox ecu

i had this on my audi a4 a few years ago the stealer said it may be the main ecu or the gear box ecu and it was a gamble anyway they managed to donor a gearbox acu to try it and it fixed the problem.

just a suggestion even though it was a audi i pressume it all works on the same principal common connection between each ecu

hope this helps

Post #174933 Mon Jun 30 2008 6:29pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Didn't Kam have the same problem on his RRS a while back?

Unfortunately he is off enjoying himself at the moment, so I'll try searching for the info . . . Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #174943 Mon Jun 30 2008 8:58pm
TB

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Arctic Frost

Here, I've managed to find this:-

http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic1681.html?highlight=

Don't know if it is exactly the same problem, but at least it's a start. Arctic Frost TDV6 SE. Aspen Leather, Cherry Wood, Privacy Glass, PTI, Tow Pack, Mudflaps, Tasmods, a new Fuelflap, a RRSport.co.uk umbrella in the boot & a RRSport.co.uk sticker on the rear glass.

Some people accuse me of thinking the world revolves around me, but I'm not stupid . . . I know it revolves around the sun. Which shines out of my @rse!!!

Post #174944 Mon Jun 30 2008 9:09pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1