RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Off Topic > Importing cars from Dubai and the UAE
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Jonny Fresh

England 
Importing cars from Dubai and the UAE

I have been in Abu Dhabi and Dubai for the last 2 weeks and the cars are so much cheaper.....A Porsche 911 Carrera brand new is £35K.....

Has anyone imported a car from the UAE? What are the associated tax / import implications?

Many thanks

Post #174672 Fri Jun 27 2008 2:02pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

no one with any info / experience?

Post #174682 Fri Jun 27 2008 3:24pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Not in the 1:22 you gave it Jonny Wink

Give it time, I'm sure someone will be along. Kam probably has an idea but he doesn't seem to be about. I know this is out of left field but there's always.... Google!! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #174683 Fri Jun 27 2008 3:30pm
MikeP

United Kingdom 

IIRC to get away with a certain tax you have to have the car for at least 6 months out there (owning it). I think that way you can get round certain aspects.
I dont know how much shipping etc is but I know if you've had it for 6 months you can claim it obviously as a personal vehicle and its been moved for personal reasons etc.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I know at one point my dad was thinking of doing it and I remember him saying that you need to keep the car there for 6 months to avoid certain taxes. Michael Potter
Rangey Lover/BMW Driver

Post #174746 Sat Jun 28 2008 11:48am
kam100

United Kingdom 

LHD Vehicles in Dubai? not sure if you could order them in through their dealer networks as RHD cars and keep them there for a certain amount of time then bring them over?

Not sure, we've been looking at importing in exotic cars into dubai.. not the other way round... all the money is there nowadays!

Post #174756 Sat Jun 28 2008 9:44pm
Olduser2

Google "car exporters in Dubai" this will give you a full listing of companies who provide this service for both RHD and LHD. Until last year the car was required to be registered in your name and address in the Emirates, and you were also required to show the authorities that your work visa was being cancelled. i.e. you were leaving the country. However, there are certain companies in country that can (and will) bend these rules, therefore you would be better to speak with some of the exporters.

The garages will sell you either a RHD or LHD but make sure it is European or UK compliant, because if you don’t ask, you wont get, and the last thing you want is to have a car that does not meet the environmental conditions of the host country.

You will also need to speak with a reputable shipper and be sure you have all the paper work in place prior to departure and on arrival in the host country.

Better still, you could always drive it home it took me 10 days to get from Yanbu in Saudi Arabia to London.

Let me know if you are planning to come to Dubai, and if I’m in country I can show you around the Sheikh Zayed road area heading to Jebel Ali where you will find most of the garages as this is close to the free port.

Post #175158 Wed Jul 02 2008 7:20pm
Jonny Fresh

England 

Thumbs Up

Post #175196 Thu Jul 03 2008 10:31am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1