RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > UK cost to fill a TDV6/8?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

flight

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Wow... that is alot ..... thought it was bad here in Houston .... $76 to fill her up on Monday

£35...

You lucky motha Funka!!!!

Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

Post #170650 Sat May 24 2008 9:47pm
Biggles

England 

Gasman wrote:
Biggles wrote:
you lads could always sign up on the petitiiion that the haulage industry has started, the more the merrier.

Can't do any harm and hopefully will do some good.

The current rate of fuel is causing major casualties in the haulage industry and will most certainly have a knock on effect in people's pockets.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/TransAction2007/

Just added my name to petition. Thumbs Up

Nicw the more the merrier, carries on at this rate we will be laying of and parking wagons up at work. Its out there somewhere. Second V10 Treg on the drive at the moment.

Post #170654 Sun May 25 2008 1:08am
kam100

United Kingdom 

I was speaking to some guys who work for a haulage company near our office the other day. They were saying, when price per litre went over £1 the bosses weren't saying anything, as they (and all others) were just passing the cost onto the customer paying the bills, but now its over £120 for diesel per litre, they are really really seeing the effects now, and action is likely within the next three months.. So keep your tanks above half guys.. i would..

I only ever put £30 in for normal every day driving, but its only getting me about 120 miles in the s class and 7 series. For chauffeur jobs, we're cheap anyway in the industry for charge out rates, but we've decided to put prices up by 10% just because of the fuel element. Also driving slower and trying to get more out of the car MPG, each job takes longer, but its cheaper to pay the chauffeurs £7.50 per hour and get another hour out of them total and take it easy, as the cars drink so much less juice that way.

Is getting crazy, and im surprised we haven't seen much action yet.. I for one would have my cars lined up at any picket anyone arranged, its getting ridiculous.

Post #170655 Sun May 25 2008 2:21am
2nd Rower

Australia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Chawton White

Price of diesel in Australia has now hit ~$1.70 per litre in the last week. That's about 68p a litre, and this is very very high for Australia..

It has been reported on the news this morning that the government is considering scrapping GST (VAT equivalent but only 10%) on fuel as families and businesses are really feeling the pinch just like in the UK!

Post #170657 Sun May 25 2008 3:09am
kam100

United Kingdom 

Wish our government would do the same!

Post #170668 Sun May 25 2008 12:51pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

My suspicions are that there is not a supply problem as indicated by the media that oil is running out which seems to suit the Gov's tax generating global warming theory.

I suspect the problem is that Bush and Blair etc have P Censored d off the OPEC countries with too much interfering in Middle East politics/waging war/dictating what they should and shouldn't do with their own countries and laws etc etc.

The result being that OPEC have restricted the supply and have got us all by the short and curlies to prove a point. But for how long will they keep it up and at what price Question

So the solution must be that the so called civilised (that's a joke) West stop meddling in other peoples affairs. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #170669 Sun May 25 2008 1:54pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

Josh - I agree

Also, with the ever increasing costs the usage will drop and hence the impact on Global warming is therefore surely reduced - probably going to far here, but I get the feeling that pushing prices up would be the most effective way of reducing CO2 emissions Confused

Post #170672 Sun May 25 2008 2:50pm
jimmy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red

re haulage firms petitioning the govt re diesel prices, I am in frfance at thge moment,n and see on the news that the french fishermen have witheld strike action as the govt has promised to comprise there profit losses on diesel prices .B,ought diesel in cannes yesterday @ 1.55e A ltr ,about £1.22. but supermarkets are charginh around 1.35E a ltr

Post #170675 Sun May 25 2008 5:47pm
XUJG

I find it amazing that the UK motorist is so placid and not taken action. The French protes at the drop of a hat cloging up Kent.

Lets clog London for a day?

Post #170678 Sun May 25 2008 6:30pm
flight

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

Johngilham wrote:
I find it amazing that the UK motorist is so placid and not taken action. The French protes at the drop of a hat cloging up Kent.

Lets clog London for a day?

I do think its a good idea but reckon that it'll take more than a day...

The whole thing is getting out of hand... How much does it need to go up by before we say enough is enough...

£1.27 for a litre of diesel is obsurd! but when its up at £1.97 a litre it will look like a great price... Maybe its worth stock-piling the liquid gold now...
Big Cry Very Happy Big Cry

Post #170681 Sun May 25 2008 9:00pm
Kaine

United Kingdom 

just to play devils advocate here

- are we saying the government should basically cap the revenue they make from fuel (i.e. cap fuel duty) to reduce the impact on the oil price rises?
- clearly the government have already planned their budget based on the 2ppl increase - I take it we are happy for another tax change to compensate if this 2ppl change is dropped?
- as the price continues to increase are we expecting the government to then reduce the fuel duty to compensate?

In my opinion all of the above are options, however only with a long term strategy made clear by the government on the whole energy program - without this we will continue to be screwed by the OPEC countries

Post #170683 Sun May 25 2008 9:16pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

well i think we could get 500 LR cars from this, Disco, FFRR and a few more sites and arrange a little unofficial blockade of our own - right on the Embankment, near 10 Downing - wishful thinking I know - but hey what a trip! Cool

Post #170685 Sun May 25 2008 9:52pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

The strong(er) ones are already ahead of your suggestion.......all kicks off Tuesday. London (hopefully) will grind to a complete halt. Very Happy

Rather than just hauliers, there is supposed to be a strong turn out from normal motorists....we shall wait and see.

I was thinking today (which is always dangerous), funny how the green brigade quiet down when the general concensus of the population is that fuel prices are too high.....seems they do have brains after all and they do not want to alienate themselves.....for once. Very Happy L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #170686 Sun May 25 2008 9:55pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

Kaine wrote:
just to play devils advocate here

- are we saying the government should basically cap the revenue they make from fuel (i.e. cap fuel duty) to reduce the impact on the oil price rises?
- clearly the government have already planned their budget based on the 2ppl increase - I take it we are happy for another tax change to compensate if this 2ppl change is dropped?
- as the price continues to increase are we expecting the government to then reduce the fuel duty to compensate?

In my opinion all of the above are options, however only with a long term strategy made clear by the government on the whole energy program - without this we will continue to be screwed by the OPEC countries

Spot on Thumbs Up All we have to do now is wait for the West to P Censored off Russia and then watch the gas prices rocket as well Exclamation TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #170714 Mon May 26 2008 3:05pm
jimmy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
fuel prices

I am sure that when I was in business my accountant claimed back the vat on fuel costs on my vans, and also the transport business is not so bad as it makes out, when did you see a lorry more than 4 years old??.
The farmers also get a special price for fuel.
To get the price lowered for private motorists will take some doing, but I hope it will be achievied!!!!!!11
I will now sit back and await the flack!!!!!!!.

Post #170715 Mon May 26 2008 3:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>