RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Need Land Rover Official Customer Service contact...
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AJSG

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey
Need Land Rover Official Customer Service contact...

What am I trying to achieve?

Basically I want Land Rover's written assurance that it will continue to take over the charges arising from a warranty claim made before the warranty expired and that the current dealer is unable or unwilling to fix. I want to be able to pick an alternative dealer to solve the issues.

There are 3 main issues:

Rear Parking Sensor: The sensor occasionally fails to start when selecting reverse, and sometimes gives false signals.

Stratstone had the car in January and changed the sensor box. The problem persisted and they (finally! car was booked in February) took the car in again a week and a half ago. Picked up the car Friday and they told me that the reason there is a fault on the parking sensor was "due to your car not having a parking sensor Off switch as it is an early production vehicle".

Front Parking Sensor: This sensor give false signals when braking, happens about 20% of the time.

Stratstone had the car in January and could not diagnose the issue, considered it was part of the rear sensor issue and handed the car back. The car went in again and this time they diagnosed that a slightly loose number plate (it moved by +/- 5mm) was obstructing the sensor. Fixing the plate with bolts would solve the condition. Clearly it didn't.

Steering wheel grind: There was a grinding noise from the steering column.

This was a partially fixed in the January service. When the car went back they said that they cannot replicate the fault. They considered that it could only be due to the tyres being 2mm away from their legal limit.

Minor issue is the DVD firmware upgrade which was 300 odd pounds before I got the information from the forum. However it looks like either they didn't do it, or it hasn't worked. Any ideas? Shall I buy the DVD from eBay and charge it back to Stratstone?

Current DVD is Europe YIW500012 copyright Denso 2004

On a personal side-note I find their behaviour quite offensive, it took them almost 6 weeks to agree a job schedule with us (everytime we called to check the works the job card has mysteriously changed), and when then finally took the car in they had it for one week without a single phone call to update me with progress.

Here is the best bit, the illusive Matthew Cullen who is the service manager, told me on Friday (after I spent 40 minutes on hold) that my car had been ready for a few hours.

I arrived to the dealership 90 minutes later, and neither the Number Plate bolts nor the DVD update had been attempted. I waited another 30 minutes for them to do what they said had already been done.

No apologies, not even the slightest whiff of concern, in fact Mr. Cullen didn't even bother to come out and meet me, maybe to assure me that all these recent problems were a bizarre catalogue of errors rather than systemic and total incompetence. 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.
2005 Quattroporte Grey/Black Int.

Post #163736 Sun Apr 06 2008 12:58pm
anthony-apl

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

Shocked

no wonder your pi Censored ed off mate i would change dealer

try this

You can contact the Land Rover Customer Relationship Centre on:
08705 000 500.

Or write to:
Customer Relationship Centre
Abbey Road
Whitley
Coventry
CV3 4LH

Hope you get sorted out Thumbs Up 16 model year yulong white autobiography
Bentley continental GTC
2011 VW Transporter T5 Kombi 140BHP with sport line kit for work

15 model year black RRS HSE gone
11MY Fuji White 3.0 TDV6 HSE
Ivory premium leather
Ebony contrast stitching
Extended leather pack
Anigra Wood now gone

08MY Range Rover Sport TDV6 GONE

Post #163740 Sun Apr 06 2008 4:12pm
AJSG

Forgot another bit...

...the lost one of my Isofix child seat guides, left me with only 9 miles petrol range, and the MPG from the last trip was 8.4mpg...now I know they have to test the car, but that is too much... 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.

Post #163798 Mon Apr 07 2008 7:15am
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

That's taking the Censored

Definately change dealers, they sound like a right shambles. As another route of complaint, I have pm'd you the fax number for Jonathan Edwards and Phil Popham. It will still get screened, but hey you never know, they might get in early one day before the paper shufflers arrive and wander past the fax just as you sent it!! Thumbs Up Whistle

I did just that with my seat issue and got a response within 24 hrs - so it DOES pay to have a whine and it seems LR does like to satisfy sometimes. Smile

Good luck. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #164854 Sun Apr 13 2008 1:16am
AJSG

will_wonka wrote:

I did just that with my seat issue and got a response within 24 hrs - so it DOES pay to have a whine and it seems LR does like to satisfy sometimes. Smile

Good luck.

Spoke to a LR customer services person last week, basically they cannot transfer warranty work from one dealer to another if the warranty has expired in the meantime. Pretty ridiculous really, he said he is trying to contact Stratstone but the service manager never calls Land Rover back.

Apparently they are going to give him some advice on how to solve my problems, unfortunately they can do nothing about his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully the recession will cure that...

Tell you the truth, as much as I like the RRS I'm getting quite fed up with the marque...Audi is looking suddenly a lot more attractive... 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.

Post #164893 Sun Apr 13 2008 1:38pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

AJSG wrote:
will_wonka wrote:

Good luck.

Spoke to a LR customer services person last week, basically they cannot transfer warranty work from one dealer to another if the warranty has expired in the meantime. Pretty ridiculous really, he said he is trying to contact Stratstone but the service manager never calls Land Rover back.

Apparently they are going to give him some advice on how to solve my problems, unfortunately they can do nothing about his unprofessional attitude. Hopefully the recession will cure that...

Tell you the truth, as much as I like the RRS I'm getting quite fed up with the marque...Audi is looking suddenly a lot more attractive...

AJSG - Take it too the top.

Customer services always try the fobbing off trick and excuses routine - there is no reason why you cannot use another dealer, all work is captured on the LR database. Be firm and set a deadline, from experience I do the following:

1. Customer dissatisfaction
2. Stealer contact (if applicable)
3. Fax to Customer dis......etc etc
4. Fax to Jonathan Edwards / Popham (if applicable)
5. Hard copy letter to the above (recorded)

I usually bypass 1. Use 2. and then opt for 3,4 and 5 and TBH have had great results. It takes a while to cut through the red tape, but I seem to have it down to a tee now Mr. Green

Good luck. L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #164904 Sun Apr 13 2008 3:19pm
NIM

Canada 

HI GET THE DEALER TO REMOVE THE FRONT AND REAR BUMPER ,WHAT IS HAPPENING IS I AM SEEIG A LOT OF SHORTED AND OPEN CIRCUIT IN THE WIRING , AND THAT IS 95 PERCENT PROBLEM WITH THE PARK AID SENSORS,ALSO FOR THE NOISE YOU NEED TO APPLY SOME ANTISIEZE PASTE TO THE 4 STEERING BUMP STOPS IN THE FRONT SPINDLE , AND THAT WILL CURE MOST OF YOUR FAULT, HELLO EVERYONE,I HAVE BEEN WITH LAND ROVER FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS AND HAVE A LOT OF EXPERIENCE WITH THIS BRAND, IF ANYONE NEED ME TO ANSWER A QUESTION OR 2 DO NOT HESITATE TO
CONTACT ME .THANKS NIM

Post #169696 Thu May 15 2008 3:37am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1