RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Fuel price reduction??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

will_wonka

United Kingdom 
Fuel price reduction??

Ok, I broke last night and decided to fire off a real stinker to the powers at be. Effectively did not expect to hear anything at all, but have just had a reply, which to be honest is a stunning turn around for such an inept government Shocked Shocked

Dear xxx

Many thanks for the email – I will drop you a line shortly about a cut in the Fuel Duty.

Best wishes, George Young

Here's hoping they are finally getting in tune with public opinion!!! Rolling Eyes

I feel a 1p slash in prices coming on Shocked Rolling Eyes L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #168233 Fri May 02 2008 12:50pm
oilman151

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

That's interesting, but I feel 1p/litre isn't going to make much difference to anyone, when it's the price it is just now.
Working in Canada, I'm exposed to a lot of the grief that North Americans are going through in this current "crisis". The difference between the Canadian/US governments and the UK governmanet is huge.
The Americans are talking about abolishing fuel tax in certain states for the summer months. That's a 7-15% reduction.
137 million American households just got a $600 average tax rebate.
The Canadian government has reduced GST (VAT) from 15% to 13%.
Therre are a whole raft of other measures that are being put in place to help small/medium businesses and individuals.
Contrast that with the cavalier way the current UK government is treating people. Constant increases in all forms of tax for all types of businesses and individuals.

You can argue as long as you like which strategy is going to work, but I know I'd rather have more money in my pocket to spend as I see fit, than to constantly give more of my hard earned money to a government who are totally inept at provided what they are required to do - that is govern FOR the people...not govern the people.
(One thing that really p*sses me off is how MPs can claim so much in expenses without taxation whereas all other businesses are taxed heavily on any and all benefits supplied to workers/directors. For example 23,000 pounds/year allowed for decorating and furnishing MP's 2nd homes in London - God help us, as we pay for all that).

I run two businesses and am constantly bombarded by useless red tape and demands for more and more money from various government bodies. Not least of which is HMCR (Her Majesty's Customs and Revenue). Big Cry

I love the UK but I despair sometimes about this country and where we are headed.

1p/litre reduction - welcome but it's not enough. Rant over.
ANT Sheep Range Rover Evoque 5 door on order.
2006Java/Alpaca/4.4HSE/PTIS/Tracker/pp/Tasmods/Black side repeaters/Custom exhaust (gone but not forgotten!)
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 200 TDi blue (Offroad prep'ed).
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Aston Martin DB9 Tungsten Silver
Another Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (Christinemobile)
1990 Mini Cooper SE - classic! (now sold)
New addition - 1972 Triumph Stag Pimento Red

Last edited by oilman151 on Fri May 02 2008 2:05pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #168240 Fri May 02 2008 1:50pm
will_wonka

United Kingdom 

oilman151 wrote:
ANT Sheep

Apologies, I was being facetious.....1p was a Censored take. Although saying that, knowing labour, it will be all we will get!! Shocked

We need a minimum of 10p per litre. Big Cry L322 Big Daddy SUPERCHARGED 5.0 Autobiography - Here & Now!

5 series for the miles Smile

RRS S/C factory built HST - Gone

45 others have been and gone!

Post #168244 Fri May 02 2008 1:55pm
oilman151

Wales 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Java Black

will_wonka wrote:
oilman151 wrote:
ANT Sheep

Apologies, I was being facetious.....1p was a Censored take. Although saying that, knowing labour, it will be all we will get!! Shocked

We need a minimum of 10p per litre. Big Cry

Agreed WW - 10-15p/litre reduction is needed. Also, even though I work for an Oil Company, they could also do a bit by cutting their cost at the pump. Wouldn't hurt their profits much and maybe provide a little much needed good public relations. Range Rover Evoque 5 door on order.
2006Java/Alpaca/4.4HSE/PTIS/Tracker/pp/Tasmods/Black side repeaters/Custom exhaust (gone but not forgotten!)
Land Rover Defender 110 CSW 200 TDi blue (Offroad prep'ed).
Citroen C4 Grand Picasso
Aston Martin DB9 Tungsten Silver
Another Citroen C4 Grand Picasso (Christinemobile)
1990 Mini Cooper SE - classic! (now sold)
New addition - 1972 Triumph Stag Pimento Red

Post #168247 Fri May 02 2008 2:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1