RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > It Works! - And HELP!!!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

boffb0

It Works! - And HELP!!!

HI Folks

I'm proud to say it works........

.....my wife is expecting our first - a daughter in August.....

This is superb... apart from, owning a Clio182 Sport, RB320, and an 911 996 TT.....

So long story, but thought easy - and ordered a Cayenne GTS!, then sold the Clio, then by accident (didn't need to immediately) but sold the RB320 - leaving my wiofe nothing to drive.... by sheer fluke the 911 is on the way now leaving us with....... erm no car!

So thought I'd give th RRS a try and post test drives am very impressed!!! as is the baby carrier Wink

We are looking to spend £40k ish, you know leaving room for the loft conversion, prams, lol etc!

I've found an 06 Overfinch kitted S/C, which I love the look of, and I've driven a TDV8 - which was awesome!!

Firstly what should I do?....

Then what was the difference in spec between the 06/07 plate cars? the one I'm looking at has no sunroof - which is a shame, will I miss it? What did the standard 06 S/C come with?

Also can I fit TV, iPod, etc to it well - add rear screens? not too worried about buying some alpine gear. The standard HiFi worries me a bit, should I be opting for one with the premium HiFi and then also how do I get the bluetooth upto date - is that a LandRaover Firmware update?

How well do these conversions work?

as you can see folks - I'm on the verge of having RRS! I just don;t want to make a mistake.

Any advise you can offer would be ever so awesome

Kind Regards

Andy

Post #162885 Tue Apr 01 2008 12:18am
Bobby

Malaysia 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Chawton White
Re: It Works! - And HELP!!!

boffb0 wrote:
HI Folks

I'm proud to say it works........

.....my wife is expecting our first - a daughter in August.....Andy

Congratulations! Very Happy

Whatever you did, at least you know that it works ... Thumbs Up Laughing Malaysia Boleh!
4.2SC Chawton White, Stormers
Tasmod's Sills, Wind Deflectors, LR Sills
Clear Side Repeaters, Towbar
Larini Sports Exhaust, K&N Air Filter

Post #162886 Tue Apr 01 2008 1:58am
Smarticus

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Congratulations Boffbo Thumbs Up

Baby Boffbo - afraid you will need a Discovery 3, plus roof box for the wife (and you might need a RRS as well). Have you seen how much stuff you need to carry these days to take a baby away for a weekend ?

Oh, and a much bigger house and overdraft facility.

Enjoy ! RRS TDv8 HSE Rimini
Disco 4 TDv6 HSE Ipanema
Defender 90, 200tdi CSW

Post #162889 Tue Apr 01 2008 7:43am
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Laughing Laughing

Congrats mate and welcome to the forum!

Sensible choice would be the TDV8, but as you already have a Cayenne GTS, I presume you have a fuel card or are sleeping with the petrol station manager Wink

40k will pick you up a good SC. The good thing about this is that the SC came with most of the kit as standard. Decent stereo, bluetooth PTI etc are all included. You might want to have the BT module upgraded to get address book synch over BT, or else you can buy a 6230 cradle and keep it in there. Our forum sponsor, Prestige Audio were taking a break from car installations due to overwhelming demand for their residential work, but it's worth giving them a ring to see if they could some rear screens and iPod integration etc. The LR iPod connector isn't all it's cracked up to be and in reality, there's not yet a great way to integrate your iPod into the RRS.

Other than that, there's a whole host of useful (and not so useful info) here so dive in and make yourself comfy Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #162891 Tue Apr 01 2008 7:56am
PauloAmore

Scotland 

You should be able to get a great Supercharged RRS in the mid to high 30's (with a Land Rover warranty)..... One that has been colour coded and has all the toys would be nice. That is what I did.

That or the second hand TDv8. Someone is selling one in the For Sale section for low 40's which I think is quite cheap, but the TDv8 is no quite as refined (in terms of performance / sound) as the petrol (as you would expect).

996TT fuel consumption should be expected with the SC. 15 MPG is about my average. Goes up to 17 on the motorway and down to 8-10 booting it around the countryside. 2022 P440e AB

Post #162903 Tue Apr 01 2008 9:01am
boffb0

Laughing.... roof box and disco...... I'm from a family of four, and sad to say it - my father owned a large estate car... and a roof box!!!

No the GTS arrives in July, but I've backed myself into a car corner by accident - Allways liked the look of the RRSS but thought it was a bit soft.....

.... Now I have a chance to have a go at low risk, and (as I suspect) if I enjoy it as much as I might I'll cancel / move on the GTS - FYI I have a fuel card!!!!

So I took the 911 on the Nurburgring... it did 4mpg, and used a whole quarter of a tank PER LAP!!!!

Fuel prices do worry me and surely the supercharger is a monster, but I think I can't resist (you know... just one more etc!!)

The car I'm looking at is 06/06 39.5k with 21k mls and full overfinch bodykit + 22" wheels. No toys / Sunroof. So thought I'd install that cool looking alpine gadget (vehicle Hub), some powered subs just to tidy the whole affair up.

Should I go for it?!!!

Thanks for the well wishes, my wife is currently in the weather "changeable" state right now, so looking for a car is keeping me sane!! lol

Post #162948 Tue Apr 01 2008 2:06pm
Very Annoyed
Site Moderator

Location: bat-wielding monkey-spanking tough-love zero-tolerance Euro-sceptic moderator - So just watch it!

United Kingdom 

Go for it! 2005 Zambezi TDV6 - Gone but not forgotten
2009 Alaska TDV8 - Gone and much missed.

WINNER - 2009 �Idler Of The Year� Award
Runner Up - 2009 �Just Doing What It�s Designed To Do� Award

DO NOT CLICK HERE!

Post #162951 Tue Apr 01 2008 2:08pm
PauloAmore

Scotland 

Congrats by the way.

I bought the RRS for my newborn and she only travels Land Rover styleee....

You will absolutely fill the car on a road trip. No doubt. 2022 P440e AB

Post #162952 Tue Apr 01 2008 2:09pm
AJSG

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bonatti Grey

Have you tried the Audi Kuwait with the 4.2 engine? 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.
2005 Quattroporte Grey/Black Int.

Post #162957 Tue Apr 01 2008 2:16pm
boffb0

Kuwait - lol!!!!!

we live in london, We've had an X5, tested a Cayenne, erm.... it would be literally days before my wife tests the strength of those 7ft wide restrictors in the Audi.

Q7 looks great from the front...... but like 10 pints from behind which is a shame...... although there's somthing strangely drawing me to the v12 tdi..... I wonder if the cayenne will get that Wink

Thanks for the good wishes.... once we've sold all three cars, bought the RRSS - what do I get Wink

Hire cars from avis probabaly!!! lol

Post #162969 Tue Apr 01 2008 2:57pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

There is a diesel Cayenne coming apparently - but to be fair, if you're going to buy a Cayenne it needs to drink petrol and make an excellent noise Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #162975 Tue Apr 01 2008 3:05pm
AJSG

We are going to try the Q7 on Thursday...if they manage to get a petrol one in time... 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.

Post #162999 Tue Apr 01 2008 4:57pm
boffb0

I do love the Q7....

.... But had a Cayenne S for a weekend, Q7 vs Cayenne = Cayenne all day long

I think the RRS is a different experience, rather hoping for big bonuses to leave my wife in ours and then I'll go back after a GT3 or something daft Wink

Andy

Post #163005 Tue Apr 01 2008 5:20pm
AJSG

The S/C was the first big car we had, partly spurrred by the arrrival of our first, and as my wife is quite tall she wanted something that wouldn't destroy her back whilst loading children etc etc...

Personally I had driven 4x4s before, mainly rentals in the guise of GLs and the likes. Frankly they handled like wet bus tickets, and I just cannot bring myself to own a diesel...

However the S/C handles fine, but don't think you are going to get much out of those front tires if you drive it aggressively...whatever you do don't buy a yank-tank...my old dealer used to give me Grand Cherokees, what an absolutely awful car...

Cayenne is nice to drive, but the styling doesn't agree with me....and I'm certainly not going to get one if they start selling a diesel...but if the Q7 isn't very nice, and I cannot get a good deal in a reasonable time on a new S/C then it may indeed have to be a Cayenne....

Beauty is that Porsche Finance is haemorrhaging money, and it effectively own 1/3rd of all Porsches in circulation...so there should be some real good bargains soon... 2007 Audi Q7 4.2 FSI Grey/Black Int.

Post #163019 Tue Apr 01 2008 6:22pm
kam100

United Kingdom 

Porsche finance a while back were selling repackaged Capital Bank (HBOS) products.. and most of their vehicles were being funded via lombard balanced payments out of the showrooms.. we have rubbed shoulders with many a porsche dealership in our years.. but lately we seem to be outquoting even porsche, who used to be highly competitive, have done 3 in the last month! so something is definitely happening with porsche which is making them shift margins up across the facilitating products..

Cayenne petrol S's.. we had two come in pex, and dealers were actually refusing to even bid on them! have a 911 C2S black with teracotta, can't get a bid on it either.. 2005/05 with 28k miles, all the usual toys, 997 model, very nice, but no bites yet.. too much stock around i guess..

is a strange market right now.. Sc used or a TDV8 HSE would be best bets right now, i know of a nice black/black TDV8 HSE one careful owner, nearly new, being sold.. decent price, let me know if you want the details.. also another black with ivory TDV6 HSE 2007/57 with low miles, genuine reason for sale.. decent price also...

Post #163027 Tue Apr 01 2008 6:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>