RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > New RRS - wheels and choices..!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

jpeg

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
New RRS - wheels and choices..!

Hi there and what a great forum..!

I'm new to this RR Sport world, but hopefully picking up a 55 V6 HSE in Java in the next 2 weeks. VERY excited.

Love the car; v. nice condition with a few extras like side steps, privacy glass, sunroof, DVD+Playstation2, supercharger grille etc. Already got some supercharger side vents and ordered some chrome mirror covers.

My only slight reservation is the standard 19" wheels. These are large by normal standards and I like the design, but not particularly low profile after looking at some of the great alloys here. Don't think I'd go to 22", but what are your opinions on 19" vs 20"? Are they worth it, do they make the ride harder & are they much worse in the snow?

I think I've worked the gallery thing out - so should be a picture there.

Thanks for your help guys - I think I could easily get obsessive with this RRS, but I guess you can all empathise!

Post #162424 Sat Mar 29 2008 12:29pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Nice looking car jpeg and welcome to the forums.
Your car is a 55 plate so before upgrading to 20" wheels find out if it has the uprated steering damper/rack, if not then you should remain on 19's. There have been recent posts about this and how to tell if you car already has the uprated rack fitted in the technical or modifications forums. There is a search function on the orange tool bar at the top of the page and that will help you find the posts.
Regarding the ride - 20's don't destroy the ride but the reduced sidewall height does make for a harsher ride, I have run a Tdv6 on 18" wheels and tyres for 2.5 yeards before changing to the Tdv8 on 20's and the ride on the 18's was very comfortable, ride on 20's is definitely harsher. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #162427 Sat Mar 29 2008 12:36pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1