RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > 22 Stomer Update
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NickM

United Kingdom 
22 Stomer Update

After some intial insecurities about my purchase - and having done 700 miles in 3 days - all is well in the Nick household and the new wheels and tyres. The firm ride (in places) has to do more with the road surface..and far more frequently I found the new wheels glided like my old 20's......no problems at all. And it gives an already great looking car even more incredible road presence!! My Java looks almost white with all the salt on the roads from the snow.....soon off to get it washed. But once again, if anyone has any doubts on the wheel front - try em out - and admire the wheels as you drive past shop windows...

Post #161139 Sun Mar 23 2008 5:22pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

I was looking forward to seeing the pics in your gallery, but it's empty Sad Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #161161 Sun Mar 23 2008 9:52pm
ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

good news Smile. Definately get some pics up Thumbs Up

Post #161167 Sun Mar 23 2008 10:17pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

been a lazy so and so - need to take some pics of the car now - will venture out today and get some......even if the weather is lousy......end of the day - they will be here!!

Post #161179 Mon Mar 24 2008 9:29am
mr boombastic

Australia 

I also brought a set of 22inch Stormers & consider it the best mod to do to the Sport. I also had insecurities as i had large rims on my previous car which was atrocious on all but the best roadways - and they where only 20s. I thought maybe that the sport would be worse and i would ruin the luxurious feel of the car, but instead they are incredibly comfortable, silent and hardly different form the standard 19s.

They also, as you said, give the car incredible road presence and look like the natural size for the car. The 20inch rims on other sports that i see now look small and aneamic compared to mine.

I looked around for 6 months before deciding that the Stormer wheels were the best look for the Sport. I looked at many, many styles but came back to them - extremely sporty, reasonably easy to clean & they really suit the shape of the car (chunky). They look better in person than in photos as you can really appreciate the curves of the spokes around the Brembo's. BTW the tyres are Hankook Ventus 285/35/22.

Post #161200 Mon Mar 24 2008 12:11pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

Boom have got mine on Toyos - and ride pretty well. I just gotta keep them clean all the time, nothing worse than dirty wheels....especially against Java when it's looking gleaming. This will be the first year in a long time I've not had a convertible during the summer - so the RRS will be a good test. I just have to get my rear tinted lights to finish off the work on the car. Not sure i will put the rear guards on the lights back on after i change them - will see.

Sorry guys no pics - it's snowing outside and I'd rather have the car clean before I paste pics on here...

Post #161214 Mon Mar 24 2008 1:52pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Land Rovers aren't supposed to be clean - even Black ones! Anyway nice contrast of Java against snow..... 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Last edited by Tim in Scotland on Mon Mar 24 2008 2:07pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #161215 Mon Mar 24 2008 1:54pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NickM

United Kingdom 

Tim, yes they look good dirty - but they look great clean too......and mate if I turned up at a clients house with my car covered in horse Censored and smelling of horse Censored (that a hygiene issue I am working hard on!) then they would not be too pleased........

Thanks for your comments though Dirty Tim

Post #161216 Mon Mar 24 2008 1:56pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

NickM wrote:
Boom have got mine on Toyos - and ride pretty well. ...

Interesting as i've noticed that Overfinch fit Toyos on their 22" wheels.

Surely some kind of recomendation, no? Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #161242 Mon Mar 24 2008 4:51pm
NickM

United Kingdom 

yeah could be - guy from Finch told me a few weeks ago that LR were about 5 mins away from signing off on 22'' wheels - but due to logistical reasons, they didn't. Don't see how Finch get away with 22'' add ons, and then LR create warranty issues around them - it's like AMG cars getting refused on Merc warranty claims...

Post #161245 Mon Mar 24 2008 5:04pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1