RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Alpine AV Integration into RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

lemm

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange
Alpine AV Integration into RRS

For anyone looking at integrating more AV into their RRS, received the following from Alpine UK.

Please find that the KCE-425i should be out next month and I do not have a date for the APF-M211RO as yet we are looking two to three months at present.

The KCE-425i looks like it will offer full control of audio & video from an iPod.

The APF-M211RO is a set of cables which will connect the VehicleHubPro into the Navigation Screen. Please look at the compatibility chart for other possibilities.

The only question I now have is will the touch screen interface on the Navigation screen be compatible with the alpine units... if so, bingo! Full control of an ipod from the nav screen! RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #157579 Fri Feb 29 2008 1:44pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
gadgetJunky72

2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black

hi,

i was also looking into the vehicleHub and have been told by many people, including Alpine UK, that i will need to use the remote (or Orb for the pro) included with the hub to navigate the menus. there's no chance that this can be done from the screen or from the steering controls.

Post #157585 Fri Feb 29 2008 2:26pm
cyberjes

2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

nice... Thumbs Up
can i still get this when i do not have AV pack?
mine just has sat nav & cd.
or can i somehow use this unit via LR fitted ipod connection?
anybody know? MY08 TDV8 HSE
Buckingham Blue / Ebony / Lined oak / 19" Factory / Sunroof / Roof rail / Ipod Dock

Post #157586 Fri Feb 29 2008 2:27pm
lemm

2005 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Vesuvius Orange

i think this is defo the case re: switching between sources (ie. TV Tuner, iPod etc), however when inside the control set for these sources, this is where i was hoping i would gain control...

I can replace the RSE to include alpine monitors, thus enabling the people in the rear to gain control (inc different sources to each RSE screen). Kinda leaves me stuffed up front... unless, i pull out the screen in the front, replace with an Alpine screen and hope the NAV system from LR works with this new screen. umm... this could get very expensive

cyberjes... it looks like if you don't have the AV Pack ie RSE/TV/DVD, you have more aftermarket options. The cable set APF-M211RO works only if you don't have the DVD/TVD Pack installed... this is the bracket i fall into as my RSE kit was not installed in the factory RRS First Edition S/C, Vesuvius Orange, Rear Entertainment, Alpine TUE-T200DV, Stormer Alloys. (+ 19" MTR's for playing in the snow!)

Post #157607 Fri Feb 29 2008 3:33pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
simonsi

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Arctic Frost

The factory Satnav in our HSE appears to be running Alpine s/w - may be worth pulling the DVD unit from under the Pass seat and seeing if it is a badged NVE-099 unit, even if repackaged the wiring connectors would give it away. If it is then there may be hope as either:

The std LR screen may operate the Alpine Hub touch screen functions maybe by just finding the correct remote line to splice into.

OR

A std Alpine screen can then be driven off the "LR" satnav brick (and operate the Hub) Cheers

Simon

2007 2.7HSE 20" Wheels
2005 TDV6 D3 S Auto - Zambezi Silver - JE Tune - RRS 19" - Sidesteps - Roof Rails
Body Side Strips - Xenons - Bright Pack - Cold Pack - Premium Stereo
Alpine Roof - Towpack - Alpine Touchscreen Satnav - Veba Rear DVD changer
Alpine Roof Monitor - Webasto FBH Timer - Brembo Frt & S/C Rr Brakes

Post #157623 Fri Feb 29 2008 5:07pm
Robbi

Guernsey 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Hi Guys,

Anyone making any progress with this.

Like many, I have the Sat Nav option (but no TV or RSE). Want to keep the OEM Sat Nav but just be able to use the screen to access better functionality ie. Ipod control.

As I see it there are 2 options:
1. interface into OEM screen
2. Install new screen

or replace everything which would be a waste.

Which way to go? Rob
*Gone - HSE TDV8 Rimini Red + Tasmod sill plates

Post #161053 Sat Mar 22 2008 3:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1