Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Zebrano vs Brunel
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ViewWise

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Zebrano vs Brunel

Hey guys,

New to this forum, been browsing last few days while the finance has been getting sorted. Im now ready for the TDV8 Very Happy.

A cars come up with zebrano trim (black/black). I wanted the brunel but not sure if its worth passing on this car just for the trim.

So whats people opinions on it?

Also more importantly how much and how easy is it to retrofit brunel afterwards? (by how easy i mean is it just a matter of unclipping the old one with the right tools or does it need to be heated ect..)

I really am looking forward to owning this car after having had it for a few weekends (weddings and such Smile ) Bow down Bow down .

Alfie.

Post #159786 Fri Mar 14 2008 2:41pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

I think Zebrano and Brunel have differing door cards.... so if you went to Brunel after having taken out Zebrano, you'd be left with a hole. But why change Zebrano - it looks great! Thumbs Up 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #159792 Fri Mar 14 2008 3:10pm
Josh

United Kingdom 

I've had the first version of the brunel with black and now I have the zabrano with black. I prefer the latter, but its personal choice.

When I had the brunel on my last Sport I spent a lot of time trying to find a replacement for it as I thought it was a bit drab.

Anything can be changed provided you are willing to pay for it. I suspect you would have to replace the whole door cards to get rid of the zebrano which would make it rather costly. Which is why I didn't go the other way last time. TDV6 - gone
TDV8 - gone
Audi Q5 3.0 Tdi Sline wef 6/11/10

Post #159794 Fri Mar 14 2008 3:15pm
ViewWise

shmoogle wrote:
I think Zebrano and Brunel have differing door cards.... so if you went to Brunel after having taken out Zebrano, you'd be left with a hole. But why change Zebrano - it looks great! Thumbs Up

Cheers guys, talked it over and since im getting some bits colour coded i think i might just get the zebrano sprayed java black (pending i dont like it when i pop into a dealer tomorrow to see it in person).

Is there any special version of the RRS that come with piano black trim? (just want some pics of what it will look like) I had an autobiography vogue for a weekend which had it. Rather liked it.

Alfie.

Post #159808 Fri Mar 14 2008 5:18pm
shmoogle

Location: ... and for every sprinkle I find, I shall kill you!

United Kingdom 

Nope, Autobiography only applies to the FFRR but Overfinch do a piano black interior trim set for the RRS. Beware though, it's not cheap Shocked 

2009 Outstanding Contribution Award - Joint Runner Up
2009 'Tech-Head Of The Year' Award - Runner Up

Like it here? Then Donate to RRSPORT!!

Post #159809 Fri Mar 14 2008 5:22pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

I think you can still buy the Black "lined Oak" kits from the dealers which would save you a paint job.
Part Number VUB501162 price £387 includes Vat. BUT this only did the woody bits on the dash/ centre consol and the vent surrounds that are normally Brunel, not the door bits. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #159811 Fri Mar 14 2008 5:29pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
ViewWise

They offered to do the 4 doors, and the two 'hockey stick' bits in the center console for £100. So i think ill just go down this route for now Smile. Then later on if i feel i need to spray up the rest of the brunel bits (stereo surround and vents and door handles) then ill get them done. Although i think it will be a nice contrast against the black Smile.

Post #159830 Fri Mar 14 2008 7:43pm
ayates

United States 2007 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Buckingham Blue

Maybe its a US spec thingy but I have the lined oak (with Ivory interior) and its on the door trim as well as the other wooden bits on the centre console.... Brit across the Pond Wink
07 TATA (LR) RRS SuperVindaloocharged, Buckingham Blue, Stormers, TPMS, Sunroof, Rear Difflock,PDC front & rear, Privacy, Rear twin DVD, premium ice, mudflaps, premium Ivory leather, lined oak, PTI, Sat Radio.

Post #159928 Sat Mar 15 2008 7:06pm
ViewWise

ayates wrote:
Maybe its a US spec thingy but I have the lined oak (with Ivory interior) and its on the door trim as well as the other wooden bits on the centre console....

Click image to enlarge

This is how it is here. Im just going to get the cener console and doors done. I saw the zebrano on a black/black car in the dealer yesterday and its not for me tbh.

Post #159966 Sun Mar 16 2008 12:29pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1