RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > What are Shell putting in their fuel?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Markos

Slovenia 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

shmoogle wrote:
What's the quality of your fuel like in your neck of the woods, Markos? As Tim says 34mpg is VERY unusual... that's about what I used to get out of the 535d, which weighs considerably less and is much more aerodynamic of course, simply by virtue of the fact it's not SUV-shaped Wink

I am always using fuel from Italian Agip which is considered here as the best. I drive regular size tyres and not in the sport mode...
In my opinion LR is making one quality for you guys in UK and one for export- for us poor guys Whistle .....Jonathan probably got one from export Rolling with laughter 2008 RRS TDV8 HSE, Java black, Alpaca,.....

Post #158986 Mon Mar 10 2008 1:43pm
TheLynxEffect

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Well, I've racked up nearly 7K miles in my TDV8 in only 3 months so far and NEVER seen a mpg better than 26!

I generally cruise around about 80-85 mph... based in Germany so guilt free speeding too!

Normally get around 23-24mpg. With long autobahn/motorways i get around 25 but that's the best. Anyone get much better than this. I thought it was the norm!

Post #159074 Mon Mar 10 2008 10:07pm
Alicatt

Belgium 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

put about 15,000km on my TDV8 since october, fuel consumption dropped to about 27mpg but only after putting on the MTR tyres and towing a trailer, normally she returns better than 30mpg. Even when cruising on the autobahn she was returning 28-29mpg but then I was sitting at 180km/h. Sons of dogs come hither and get flesh
Clan Cameron

Post #159075 Mon Mar 10 2008 10:21pm
EXPIREDDATA

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Rimini Red

Just did 500 miles, average speed 68 mph, mpg = 28 !!!! RRS TDV8 HSE - Hybrid TV - Sunroof - Adaptive Front Headlights - Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 system

BMW GT

Post #159878 Fri Mar 14 2008 10:10pm
Supertrotter

United Kingdom 

Reset the computer after every fill and according to the readout am getting no better than an average of 21.2mpg per tank Sad

Admittedly, whilst I am stuck in the office at home all week Mrs ST is using it around town.

We only get Euro95 Diesel (Don't know how that compares) but always fill up at Esso as never heard of the other brands. Runner up - 2009 Best Avatar Award Sad
Joint runner up - 2009 Outstanding Contribution Award Sad
WINNER - 2008 ‘Best Thread’ Award – Beautiful Women Of The World Very Happy
Runner Up - 2008 Comedian Of The Year Award Sad
Runner Up - 2008’s Funniest Incident Sad

06 RRS TDV6 HSE, Java/Ebony, PTI, Running Boards, Privacy, S/C Grille/Vents, Stormers, Tasmods - GONE - Surprised(

Post #159884 Fri Mar 14 2008 10:47pm
jimmy

United Kingdom 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 SE Rimini Red
tdv8fuel

regarding Tims mileage fifures, I can say that, although I now have a ffrr tdv8, I have obtained 34.something on the motorway, within the speed limits (france 80mph) on a recent trip>. I had a rrs before, and also got 34mpg,I think the answer is to not be heavy on the acceleration

Post #159927 Sat Mar 15 2008 6:28pm
Steve in germany

Germany 

Been out and about this week, did a run today to the mohnesse, about 80 miles from where I live, went there on the ACC set at 90 and returned 34 mpg, it's pretty much all Autobahn. Had to get home quick so had the car on the limit all the way back (135mph) and she gave me 19.8. Moral of the story, it's all about training the gearbox and your right foot. Thumbs Up Speed Limits! not where I live!

Back in a D3

Did have: RRS TDV8 2008.5MY
Did have: Q7 3.0TDi S-Line/Tech/Comms pack
Did Have: Disco3 HSE

Post #159940 Sat Mar 15 2008 11:25pm
Tim in Scotland

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

Steve in germany wrote:
................ it's all about training the gearbox ...... Thumbs Up

Of course this could be the reason why some folk are getting rubbish fuel consumption immediately after a service. The service guys have had to disconnect the battery for some reason and the gearbox ECU has had it's memory wiped as a result, meaning that you have to "retrain" it to your driving style, and also the first thing that happens after the service is that the mechanic takes it for a flat-out test drive to the chippy for the lads lunches!. 2020 Pangea Green 1st Edition D240 New Defender 110 is here and loving it
2018 Melting Silver Mini Countryman PHEV - soon to be replaced
2015MY Corris Grey SDv6 HSE Dynamic, the best car I have ever owned, totally reliable only a cou0le of rattles in 3 years, now no longer in my care
Also in my garage is a 1996 TDi300 Defender 90 County HT made into a fake CSW

Post #159961 Sun Mar 16 2008 10:26am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12